Hi All

jim4244

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I've been lurking around reading the threads on the forum with interest.

I'm pushing retirement these days but in a previous life carried and shot many different types of real weapon systems/firearms and now am thinking of using RIF's as wall hangers in my study. Deacts are expensive these days and the legislation grows tighter by the year. I like the GBB pistols and rifles that are available as you can actually shoot a few targets in the back garden without upsetting too many people and have a bit of in the shoulder recoil. The ability to go full auto is a nice feature too....

Looking to pick up a M4 to begin with and may (if my knees, ankles, back and shoulders allow) nip down to my local skirmish site.

Jim

Edited by jim4244

Welcome to the site.  Please do give your local site a try; I am 60 and still play at least twice a month and know a couple of even more ancient players.  It is a great hobby.

As you are probably aware, in order for a seller to sell you a RIF (ie: a gun that is not two-toned) you need to demonstrate to them that you are going to use it for a legitimate purpose; the most common way of doing this is by getting a UKARA registration.  You can do this by playing a minimum of three times in no less than 56 days at the same site; they can then put you on the UKARA database and might charge you a "membership fee" for the privilege.

• Head Moderator

Welcome :).

👍 An L1A1 eh...... Started my military career with one of those. Happy days.....

19 hours ago, Colin Allen said:

Welcome to the site.  Please do give your local site a try; I am 60 and still play at least twice a month and know a couple of even more ancient players.  It is a great hobby.

As you are probably aware, in order for a seller to sell you a RIF (ie: a gun that is not two-toned) you need to demonstrate to them that you are going to use it for a legitimate purpose; the most common way of doing this is by getting a UKARA registration.  You can do this by playing a minimum of three times in no less than 56 days at the same site; they can then put you on the UKARA database and might charge you a "membership fee" for the privilege.

Just managed to pick up a HK416 Gen 3 with a few spare magazines. Should be with me at the weekend.

Let the mayhem commence!

Jim

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.