Starship take 2....

Dan Robinson

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Is it confirmed tomorrow?? Yeah I'll definitely watch it whenever it happens (praying it's not Saturday night or Sunday)

Edit: This news item says Friday at 13:00 GMT 

Elon Musk might be a gigantic twat in many respects, but SpaceX is brilliant

Edited by RostokMcSpoons

Everyday Astronaut is starting a stream at 6am, but when the actual launch happens is anyone's guess.... but feck it...watching something bigger than the Statue of Liberty doing multiple loop de loops is worth an early start.

For anyone not in the keeping, this was not CGI

Edited by Dan Robinson

Update for 3 pm ET: SpaceX CEO Elon Musk says the second Starship launch is postponed to no earlier than Saturday, Nov. 18 to replace a grid fin actuator on the launch stack, according to an update Musk posted on X, formerly Twitter.

24hr delay, so 1300 GMT Saturday (2 hour launch window, I think)

Edited by RostokMcSpoons

I'll be doing some pre-flight checks of my own, testing for Sunday at Spec Ops.  Thanks to family stuff and football injuries I've missed out on a few games recently... Looking forward to this!

Looks like it'll be a tad showery in the morning but a bright afternoon (until the sun goes down at 16:07 anyway, damn the clocks going back)

See you there?

Well that was fun.  A superb launch, and two RUDs for the price of one 😄

Given the launch pad looks in better nick than last time, and the ship didn't break itself during the launch (knocking out its own engines) hopefully we won't have to wait long before the next attempt

It was bloody gorgeous to watch - especially the shot of the rockets all firing underneath and then the mahoosive explosion.   Will be fun seeing all the corrected footage as it comes in.

Was speaking to the boy on the phone at the time, so had YouTube on pause - think I'm about an hour behind realtime.

Got my batteries on charge for tomorrow - only taking two pews + handguns.  Hopefully there won't be any tech problems. LOL.

image.thumb.png.6f0d96e8e17ef399af384c1ee4495264.png

image.png.c047af0d3bc15c4692b4797789b3e7d9.png

Amazing how close it was to the renders that people were making over the last few months.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.