About batteries

Sewdhull

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

5 minutes ago, Sewdhull said:

I'm unsure why our Airsoft batteries are so poor.

3kG airsoft gun gets dropped worst case scenario is a black toe and possible broken pewpew.

3kG of quadcopter dropping 300m out of the sky with 4 12" spinning blades = dead squishy human.

Just checked - my Inspire 1 does 50mph...

Edited by Dan Robinson

That battery is 15 GBP from techshop.

I don't think it's about reliability. 

Airsoft doesn't need the great performance drones do, but there's no excuse for the offerings in Airsoft at the price they are offered at.

I suppose it's because people buy them.

• Supporters
29 minutes ago, Sewdhull said:

I suppose it's because people buy them.

Hit the nail on the head there.

Let's face it, that's how Nuprol/Vorsk/Raven et al have been in business for as long as they have.

20231124_135821.thumb.jpg.a936a2896232bdd797179bcb16258d65.jpg

Here's a selection of my batteries, Airsoft at the bottom. They have all been bought for different applications, the 2 big green ones are spares for large drones I've built in the past, some for electric planes. The big ones were used in pairs and didn't need a high C in the large drone they were used for. The 2 batteries supplied 200A.

When I came back Airsoft, Hobbyking had stopped trading so I got some of what was on offer, it wasn't good .

The green 2.2s are 30C and 40C 11.1s, they might fit in a stock.

The .95 nanotech is for an aep, I have one with the pack split to fit. It's a 25C battery.

Just incase anyone's interested.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.