Real Inert Grenade... looking for some info

Khyber

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Found this in my cupboard. Had it years but forgot about it. 

Anyone know anything about it? Era, origin etc... I'm not clued up on military history. 

Curious to know some info.

Have thought about running it on my kit for added tacticoolness 😂 but its farkin heavy.

20231106_121014.jpg

20231106_121022.jpg

• Supporters

Training grenade, couple of companies make them in the US, between $20-$30 new, but subject to itar apparently so not easy to ship over.

Regards sticking it on the kit, fuck that if it's that heavy, plenty of lightweight copies available online that'd look as good without the weight penalty.

I'd keep it as a paperweight or coffee table talking point lol, tell visitors your grandad bought it back from Normandy, go to hand it to them & then fumble it for a reaction 😂

Thanks. Yeah it certainly would look good on my kit but I don't like extra weight. Will keep it on my desk me thinks. Would be funny to see someones face if I pulled the pin and then 'dropped' it 😂 maybe I'll try that.

• Supporters
26 minutes ago, Khyber said:

Thanks. Yeah it certainly would look good on my kit but I don't like extra weight. Will keep it on my desk me thinks. Would be funny to see someones face if I pulled the pin and then 'dropped' it 😂 maybe I'll try that.

LOL, as long as they don't go in to "hero mode" & lob it through the nearest double glazed window, be an expensive prank😢💰

But You’ll laugh about it after a year or two 🤣

That sort of reaction had not occurred 😂😂 not sure how I would explain that one to the misses. 

I've got one too.  Slightly different fuse info but same colour.  Can't remember where I got it 🤪

Its the US MK2 M21 'Pineapple' grenade made from 1918-1969

The fuse it a practice one so legal to own.

Yeah, use it as a paperweight but I careful dropping it in case it damages the floor 😆

Edit: just found this: G&G Armament - MK2 Hand Grenade Replica BB Bottle | Patrol Base UK

Edited by EDcase

Thanks. I remember getting mine from a carboot years ago well before I was in to airsoft. Got it cos I thought it was cool. Only paid a few quid for it. It's easy to understand their effectiveness at close range once you physically hold one of these. Some serious chunks of shrapnel I imagine from such a hefty lump of steel. 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.