Sound Moderator for Mk 18 GBB

novioman

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Anyone fitted a sound mod to their Marui Mk 18 GBB.  Like the PTS Griffin but not sure if that fits over the flash hider that comes with the gun. Prefer FDE as have all the furniture in that colour now. 

Edited by novioman

I’ve not got a PTS Griffin suppressor, but I have been interested in getting one. All the sights I’ve been looking at say that it’s compatible with the TM A2 flash hider, so as long as it’s the flash hider that came with the gun, you should be fine. 

I don’t think the MK18 flash hider is compatible. You can buy the PTS one but it’s another £30.

I believe you can or could, buy a special MK18 version that came with a flash hider included, but not seen it advertised in the U.K.

There's a regular classified post selling suppressors & flash hiders, might be worth a loof through the older posts (sure I've seen them advertised 2-3 times in recent months).

• 2 weeks later...
On 14/10/2023 at 22:58, Super64 said:

I’ve not got a PTS Griffin suppressor, but I have been interested in getting one. All the sights I’ve been looking at say that it’s compatible with the TM A2 flash hider, so as long as it’s the flash hider that came with the gun, you should be fine. 

Just to confirm the PTS Griffin does indeed fit standard A2 flashhiders as well as the majority of the PTS line ittself.

PXL_20231026_174544389a.thumb.jpg.2c56a5583fc68a2c086371807ec5db45.jpg

• Supporters
6 hours ago, novioman said:

The Mk 18 doesn’t come with an A2 flashider so you need to buy another first though.

It comes with a Surefire 3-prong style. Look for a SOCOM556 RC2 style suppressor.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.