Is this screechy?

Jerryy

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey dudes and dudettes, so ive just put a new motor, new piston head nozzle etc into my RIF, im just trying to find out if it sounds screechy, ive done teching before but i just need the experts opinions, if it helps im running 16:1 gears, with a XT 22tpa 25k motor, please listen to and see the video and tell me what ya think! 

Thanks! 

Edited by Jerryy

I'm no expert but it sounds good to me.👍

I don't hear a crazy amount of screech, but I think it could be better. It probably has to do with your bevel to pinion shimming and getting it just right. I'm assuming the video is using 11.1v--are you able to take a vid using 7.4v? (7.4v is way easier to judge shimming.

This vid is the closest I've built to what you have above. Notice you can hear a light shh noise, but no screech or high pitch.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.