2 classic army guns about 20 years old great condition and fully running very little use

Bababing

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi All,

I have 2 classic army guns and MP5 and a M15a4 they haven't been used that much in this time so they are in full working order and not many marks on them, am wondering if these would have any value, think they maybe collectors items now?

thank you for your time please see picture below of said guns.

IMG_2343.thumb.png.b2fe368dc3e2498cba096f14c5ddc93b.png

Edited by Bababing

They won't be collectors items, they are a common model, still being made by Classic Army. The age might actually be considered a detriment due to plastic getting weaker over time. 

The M4 will get minimal money, say £100? The Mp5 is about 230 new, so I would expect £120-130. There are simply better options out there now for not a lot of money with more modern features. 

Ha! Tactical carbine! That was my brothers first gun about 20 years ago as you say. It's a nice gun but a 20 year old armalite is not especially valuable as things have moved on. The receiver will still have the two little pins in the top to keep it aligned and such. 

Around £120ish

The MP5 though, if that's the B&T model with the hop behind the ejection port... That might be quite desirable.

About £150ish

That old claw mount on it is desirable as well, especially with LCT and VFC making vintage H&K rifs. You'd probably get £40 for the mount.

nice rifs but not especially valuable 

2 hours ago, THE CHIEF said:

Ha! Tactical carbine! That was my brothers first gun about 20 years ago as you say. It's a nice gun but a 20 year old armalite is not especially valuable as things have moved on. The receiver will still have the two little pins in the top to keep it aligned and such. 

Around £120ish

It was my first gun too - about 18 years ago.

Definately 'Old Skool' compared to modern offerings - I have sold much newer/better guns for around £120 or less so I'm going to say £90-100 tops.

14 hours ago, Speedbird_666 said:

Definately 'Old Skool' compared to modern offerings - I have sold much newer/better guns for around £120 or less so I'm going to say £90-100 tops.

I went for the A2 carbine :)I'm trying to think, as it was pre magic cqbr gearbox would that still have the 6mm bearings?

On 03/10/2023 at 13:02, Asomodai said:

The age might actually be considered a detriment due to plastic getting weaker over time. 

Showing your age, or rather lack of there mate, 20 year old CA's will be metal not plastic, apart from the obvious furniture.  I still run a 20 year old CA MP5, the plastic lower is fine.

12 hours ago, THE CHIEF said:

I went for the A2 carbine :)I'm trying to think, as it was pre magic cqbr gearbox would that still have the 6mm bearings?

IIRC 6mm Bushings - but it was a long time ago and I have had many, many RIFs since then.

Oh, and a 2-piece hop unit too. Fun times. 

I'm sure the hop unit is a one piece due to how the receiver slides apart. The TM equivalent at the time had a two piece and lugs that would snap easily. The CA has two metal pins along the top and the front receiver pin hold the two halves together. 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.