S&T mosin nagant 91/30 hop not hopping!

rsvpiper

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Recently received a new S&T Mosin, it's brand new straight out the box and the hop just doesn't! 

The adjuster was nearly fully unscrewed out the breach, so much so that bb's just rolled out the barrel! Slowly winding on the hop provides absolutely no change🤔 to the point where the adjuster is fully in and the bb's still just roll out the end if the barrel. 

I've got onto the shop about returning it but they are dragging their feet it's been a week now! 

Well today I decided to pull the thing apart! And what a surprise was in store! The barrel had been fitted upside down so the grub screw has basically just cut straight through the nub!🤷‍♂️

S&T quality control is awesome 👌 

20230908_183838.jpg

• Supporters

that's impressive

i mean assuming the components themselves weren't made incorrectly (ie the barrel window isn't cut on the wrong side) how the hell do you fit a hop bucking upside down and not at least have either a big lump or the locator pin making it painfully obvious the thing isn't going to fit in the hop unit?

2 hours ago, gavinkempsell said:

Is it an easy fix?

The nub is completely knackered 🤞 Sam at uk Airsoft has something in his spares box!

New bucking is already in and the barrel correctly placed

2 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

that's impressive

i mean assuming the components themselves weren't made incorrectly (ie the barrel window isn't cut on the wrong side) how the hell do you fit a hop bucking upside down and not at least have either a big lump or the locator pin making it painfully obvious the thing isn't going to fit in the hop unit?

Some serious skills there!

After a bit of faffing about I've managed to use half the original nub and now have a fully functioning rif! Gotta say socom where as much use as tits on a gull! Nearly 2 weeks waiting for return label and a general air of🤷‍♂️ won't be giving them anymore of our cash

On 08/09/2023 at 19:15, Adolf Hamster said:

that's impressive

Some serious skills there!

• 1 month later...
On 08/09/2023 at 21:54, EDcase said:

Not good S&T

Isn't that the general air surrounding S&T? I've been looking at their Tavor/Tar-21s but between them being, generally, crap and Ares using proprietary parts I really don't want to deal with one.

I would rank them above those to be honest.  Not much but definitely above.  They seem to be trying to fill that WW1/2 era bolt action niche, which is fantastic.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.