Hi all, new member

ASP383

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all,

Got into airsoft properly this year, because my oldest lad wanted to start, although I had a few airsoft pistols back in the '90s, they ended being sold/traded within a few years to concentrate on my airgun shooting. Overall, I've been shooting for 35 years, including qualifying as an airgun shooting coach, however, since that certain bug a few years ago, my air gunning has taken a back seat to my other hobbies, although I still have access to an 8.5acre woodland. Currently we just have our 2 tone AEGs, but we'll be looking to build our collection, only been to Driver Wood Activity Centre to date, although Dogtag is as close. My lad suffers with a few health issues, and sometimes finds it hard going in a woodland setting, so wants to try an indoor CQB site, looks like the closest is at Epsom, so will look at going there when the weather turns again & the ground gets too wet for him.

My other hobbies include freshwater and beach fishing, outdoor activities, 4x4 driving and amateur (ham) radio, so you could say I've been socially distancing, before it became popular.

With 5 kids and a patient wife, my spare time has to be divided between them all, their own hobbies, as well as mine.

Too busy sometimes, but it's the wife I feel sorry for, especially during school holidays!

We're looking to go Monday too, was hoping to have a look round the boot sale, but school uniform and supplies come first, so just the afternoon session, as he can't cope with a full day yet, but never know, may get him there in time.

I'll be decked out in Jack Pyke woodland camo plus DPM booney hat and mag pouches. My lad is usually black jacket and olive vest, now sporting a shotgun pouch on the back, both with two tome M4. We start the games together, but he doesn't want to use the radios, so no idea where each other ends up after our first separate respawns

12 minutes ago, ASP383 said:

We start the games together, but he doesn't want to use the radios, so no idea where each other ends up after our first separate respawns

Yep...sounds about the same for my boy too 

They use the Ares Alpha app, which I've downloaded, but he's hesitant, maybe because his previous phone was useless, but he got my old one when I upgraded a couple of months ago, so is much newer and has more memory etc

Hi bud and welcome to the looney bin 🙂

We use the ares alpha system and it's pretty good but signal dependant.

Still run Comms as well for fast updates.

Enjoy and call ya hits👍

Regards 

The site has free wifi in the safe zone, but doubt it extends over the whole 30 acre site. will have to see what normal signal is like, although I've noticed in general, mobile signal has reduced and since Virgin Mobile changed to O2, the signal is even worse, however, I'll give the app a try.

Don't worry, I'd rather call a hit, even if not 100% sure about and like I've told my lad, if you've been pinned in 1 area, at least you can try a different route/area after respawning.

Only just seen your message Dan, We got there for the afternoon games, can't say I noticed you, was looking out for your patch though. We only managed 1 game in the end, as my lad got a migraine and had forgotten his medication. At least I know the  Maple Leaf 275mm 6.03mm  barrel and 70* hop rubber I fitted has helped flatten the trajectory and close up my grouping, just got to decide it the G&G CM16 Raider is worth spending the money on to try to quieten the gearbox, or keep it as a back up/loaner

Was a good game, have to agree. We'll have to remember his migraine medication for next time though. I'll keep an eye out for your post.

Hello & welcome.

Sounds like you're already out & playing which is great to hear. Shame the migraine stopped play but these things happen and as long as everyone's still keen then you just go again next time and I bet you don't forget the meds either ;)

I've mainly played CQB to date and really enjoy it even if you look like you've got chicken pox the following day 🤣 (I'd get too hot in a PC so it's the price I pay). Definitely get a weapon light and a tracer, having been a rental without those I'd actually bought them before my UKARA was sorted.

Cheers yeah, we're out there which is the main thing, like you say. Definitely making sure my lad keeps some medication in his kit. The new medication seems to be working better and faster, which means should it happen again, he should hopefully be OK for the next game if it happens again.

Oh dear, never mind, did you have a pox party to spread the love and let others get it over and done with? We're looking to go to get to Epsom tunnels soon, torches will have to be bought, but tempted to pop my digital night vision scope on for a laugh, probably overkill for CQB, but might have the sneak factor. 

I bought two tone, as knew we'd be making use of them, regardless, but got my UKARA in May, just have to try to save up for more RIFs and possibly offload an air rifle or 2 to go into the pot, but they'll be advertised on the appropriate platforms once I decide which to sell.

Well if you're ever at dogtag or driver wood let me know.

They are the two sites I go with my nephew (although more driver wood mostly due to proper toilets and not nasty ass porta-loos)

On 05/09/2023 at 09:40, SheriffHD said:

Well if you're ever at dogtag or driver wood let me know.

They are the two sites I go with my nephew (although more driver wood mostly due to proper toilets and not nasty ass porta-loos)

Will do, The gun club I was a member of used Dogtag' site for HFT competition, think there was only 1 porta-loo for us all. Certainly no complaints about Driver Wood, plus easier to pop into Surplus Store on way home, if can't get what you want on site.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.