VFC M249 Thread

Nick G

What box mags every one running?

Mines HPA'd and the A&K 1500 is as usual being temperamental at feeding. 

Looking at the Classic Army M249 Drum Magazine 1200 box as an alternative but not sure it'll fit even with the same filing the A&K was subjected to.

20 hours ago, CausesChaos said:

Looking at the Classic Army M249 Drum Magazine 1200 box as an alternative but not sure it'll fit even with the same filing the A&K was subjected to.

I think most of us are running them as straight GBB rather than hpa . I have an hpa kit sat in a box for mine on the off chance I find a tank that will fit in a box mag, would still be using the GBB mags for the BBs though.

On 11/06/2024 at 21:47, CausesChaos said:

Mines stock.  Cassette mags in top cover and running the green gas box mag....

That said though...

13 hours ago, Nick G said:

I have an hpa kit sat in a box for mine on the off chance I find a tank that will fit in a box mag

I saw last night on WGC shop that they have the CO2 box mag in stock now,  so I have ordered one along with the para stock...   now I just need to bulk buy 88g CO2 capsules...

Oh, and I still haven't got round to fitting the DnA catch yet....   so I know what I will be doing this weekend

8 hours ago, Spartan09 said:

I saw last night on WGC shop that they have the CO2 box mag in stock now,  so I have ordered one along with the para stock...   now I just need to bulk buy 88g CO2 capsules...

Bugger , I'll have to go and grab one of those now ! 

I enjoy the mag changes with the cassette mags. Adds to the imersion for me, which is why I usually run GBBRs 

25 minutes ago, Nick G said:

Bugger , I'll have to go and grab one of those now ! 

I enjoy the mag changes with the cassette mags. Adds to the imersion for me, which is why I usually run GBBRs 

Sorry...  not sorry...  XD

https://www.wgcshop.com/products/vfc-vf9-mag-m249c-bk01?_pos=1&_psq=Vfc+m249+co2&_ss=e&_v=1.0

3 hours ago, Spartan09 said:

Thanks for the link, that's in the basket ready 😁

That's the CO2 mag ordered . Going to be interesting to see how that performs, should be good for winter games 😁

On 14/06/2024 at 18:45, Nick G said:

That's the CO2 mag ordered . Going to be interesting to see how that performs, should be good for winter games 😁

You may get yours first...   I also ordered a couple of other parts for a few guns, one was back ordered and so delayed the entire shipment...  finally got posted today

5 hours ago, Spartan09 said:

You may get yours first...   I also ordered a couple of other parts for a few guns, one was back ordered and so delayed the entire shipment...  finally got posted today

I might, aparantly it's in the country. Due today according to ups, but since ups are the most useless , unprofessional delivery company on the planet , I'm not holding my breath !😂

8 minutes ago, Nick G said:

ups are the most useless , unprofessional delivery company on the planet 

agreed...

not holding my breath either....   and yes, my order is also being shipped by ups..  estimated to arrive monday

3 hours ago, Spartan09 said:

agreed...

not holding my breath either....   and yes, my order is also being shipped by ups..  estimated to arrive monday

Aaand now thay have decided to deliver it tomorrow, of course no idea of an actual time slot so I can arrange for someone to be in. ups are a total shower of shit I'm staggered that such an unprofessional company is still in business.

And their virtual assistant doesn't understand the phrase 'go fuck yourself' 

Still no delivery, ups at their usual excellent best 🤣

Mag still sat at Castle Donnington. 20 minutes on the phone this morning finally got me talking a person in some call centre somewhere. Aparantly there is outstanding customs paperwork, Since I've had bits from WGC before with no issues I'm convinced this is the usual 'merican carrier with something vaguely gun like situation.  When I asked why ups hadn't notified me of the issue and pointed out that my wife had now used 2 days leave waiting in for a scheduled delivery, and that if they had notified me that Friday's delivery wasn't going to happen she could have saved a day. Told me it's not their resposibility then hung up on me .

I've emailed WGC to get them to deal with ups

So that probably means I can expect the same

Tracking shows my parcel.at castle Donnington too.

And I have another on the way from evike...  and they use UPS by default,  so all in all, I am not too happy

I ordered a pew from Firesupport on the 19th & UPS delivered it on the 21st.

sometimes shit just happens.

18 hours ago, gavinkempsell said:

I ordered a pew from Firesupport on the 19th & UPS delivered it on the 21st.

sometimes shit just happens.

unfortunatly it happens more often than not when ups are involved.  A mate ordered an AK last year, got notification from ups that it had been delivered and signed for , this despite his partner being at home and having seen no sign of them. Once he eventually managed to get hold of someone it turned out the they'd delivered it to the local hospital ! You couldn't make the level of their ineptitude up 

On 22/06/2024 at 21:06, Spartan09 said:

So that probably means I can expect the same

Tracking shows my parcel.at castle Donnington too.

And I have another on the way from evike...  and they use UPS by default,  so all in all, I am not too happy

Mine is still showing as at Donnington, despite an email overnight from ups saying delivery today .  Various messages via email and messenger to ups have them saying WGC need to supply additional doccumentaion , and messages to WGC have them saying 'contact ups and wait for delivery' 

Hopefully yours will go through without a hitch. 

If mine isn't delivered in the next 48 hours I'll just instegate a charge back through my credit card. I'm happy to pay any customs charges that might be due , that's always a possibility purchasing abroard, but I'm not losing more days waiting in for something that doesn't arrive .

Well now I've had an email which seems to suggest there is an invoice to pay (import duties i assume , which fair enough) but no amount given and no link to actually pay it.  Also a RIF decleration, again no instruction on what to do with it once completed .  I've completed the parts that seem relevent and sent back via the email I recieved. 

Begging to lose the will !

30 minutes ago, Nick G said:

Well now I've had an email which seems to suggest there is an invoice to pay (import duties i assume , which fair enough) but no amount given and no link to actually pay it.  Also a RIF decleration, again no instruction on what to do with it once completed .  I've completed the parts that seem relevent and sent back via the email I recieved. 

Begging to lose the will !

Yeah, i had a phone call yesterday to ask for my email address to send a RIF declaration form.

Filled it out and photographed the form (as I don't have a scanner) and sent it back to the address it was sent from.

As I had also ordered a stock, set of mags and box mag end plate along with the CO2 box mag, I clarified that the parts were to repair and upgrade the RIF in my possession. (I have a mag that seem to be temperamental with feeding, the end plate on my green gas box mag has split and I want to swap the stock for the para one)

Sent with an email saying "I hope this meets your requirements and I hope to recieve the parcel promptly"  (rough translation "I have jumped through your hoop,  now give me my stuff")

Got an email back earlier this afternoon asking "so this will be repaired in the UK then sent back to the shipper, correct?"

Just replied with a blunt "NO, it will be repaired and used for airsoft in the UK.  I am a registered UKARA player" then gave them my UKARA number. 

I'm honestly considering driving to Castle Donnington to demand the parcel in person if this kind of smooth brain behaviour continues

I managed to open the decleration, and filled it in on my phone then sent it back. I like your idea of completing a hard copy and photographing that though. Think I'll see if anywhere in town can print me one tomorrow and do that too. 

Still cant work out if they actually want money off me or not !

After an email today saying 'we need your rif decleration ' (seriously) which usefully included a telephone number, I spent half an hour on the phone to a helpfull chap in the apropriate department.  Emailed him the decleration direct. I did your thing of filling it out , photoing it and sending that , he kept me on the phone while he uploaded it and updated the system . Also told me to email him direct tomorrow if there is no update on the tracking .

It does now show as ready to be submitted for clearance so who knows it might even turn up next week , although still not holding my breath !

Well, after getting invoiced £75 in customs and brokerage fees, the parcel arrived yesterday lunchtime...   but at least this time the customs monkeys managed to inspect the contents without breaking anything

Edited by Spartan09

And here's a pic of the haul...

Set of spare mags

Co2 box mag

Spare end plate for my green gas box mag

And para stockspacer.png

Very nice ! the para stock is well worthwhile. Thoughts on the CO2 mag ?

Mine is showing as cleared, although I've still not had confirmation on if there is duty to pay or not . I'm sure I'll get a bill next week .

9 hours ago, Nick G said:

Very nice ! the para stock is well worthwhile. Thoughts on the CO2 mag ?

Mine is showing as cleared, although I've still not had confirmation on if there is duty to pay or not . I'm sure I'll get a bill next week .

yeah, the para stock is a worth while mod...

as for the CO2 mag, so far i can only comment on visuals as i havent got any 88g CO2 cartridges to try it out.  got some arriving mid week, so i will try it out next weekend

and yeah, i only got the invoice after i got the notification it cleared customs....   and im expecting another invoice for a second parcel on the way from Evike with a new outer barrel for my john wick hicapa....   which i had to fill out another firearms declaration form for...