G36 Hop Unit

Aj698

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi All,

Recently bought HK G36c as a backup RIF and for a different look to my HK416.

Looking to upgrade the hop unit  - any recommendations out there?  Did see the Maxx Begadi GST online but can't find a UK supplier.  Anyone got any knowledge or experience with these?

Cheers and Thanks in advance,

Aj

• Supporters

Then I'd go with a Maple Leaf macaron + omega nub (or XT knock-off).  https://www.ak2m4.co.uk/internal-parts/hop-up-buckings-nubs

Or the tuppeny fix is to use a piece of biro tube as a nub, or just stack some pieces of electrical tape between the bucking and nub.

That was my go to and already swapped out to ML 60° & Omega hub.  As its the G36 type hop its like the nub holder needs to a few mm taller.  

Was thinking of changing to cnc version like the Maxx Begadi GST nut struggling to ind anyone in the UK that stocks it.

Cheers 

I would personally do as suggested and simply increase the height of the nub with tape or glue. It’s extraordinarily easy, and may just solve your issues without an expensive hop unit. I actually did this on a friend’s RIF between games to deal with the issue.

I’ll also note that Maxx units are very picky. Some models have issues with certain hop rubber or nozzles, and different models have different issues. They also won’t actually increase your performance over what the stock one can do, unless your stock has serious issues.

• 4 weeks later...
On 07/08/2023 at 13:29, Aj698 said:

Hi All,

Recently bought HK G36c as a backup RIF and for a different look to my HK416.

Looking to upgrade the hop unit  - any recommendations out there?  Did see the Maxx Begadi GST online but can't find a UK supplier.  Anyone got any knowledge or experience with these?

Cheers and Thanks in advance,

Aj

Hi Aj,

I have the Maxx Begadi G36 hop units fitted in several of my G36's and I can say that hands down its the best hop unit for this.

As long as you stick with the standard nozzle length, it'll work fine with the maple leaf and Begadi buckings (I can confirm this).

No UK supplier as it's a Begadi exclusive so you'd have to order from them in Germany... Ordered from them many times and always been great.

Hope this helps.

Chris 

I found the maxx units of late to be shit. I've got a lonex hop unit with maple leaf rubber and an omega nub non maple, slightly softer version. It works well.

Some of the g36 hop ups have a two part nub.

My src has a single piece alloy nub but another g36 has a plastic piece that pokes into the rotary bit and a plastic cylinder that sits beneath it.

I would check that, if you have a plastic hop unit that both nub pieces are installed.

22 hours ago, concretesnail said:

I found the maxx units of late to be shit. I've got a lonex hop unit with maple leaf rubber and an omega nub non maple, slightly softer version. It works well.

Are you talking about the G36 variant or just Maxx hop units in general?

All of the Maxx G36 hop units I've purchased up until recently have been amazing, can't fault them, but it's more of a simplistic design that of the M4 variants.

@Aj698: if you have the two part hop nub tensioner under the hop wheel, I have a selection of 3D printed nub tensioners if you wanted to try that?

Chris

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.