Asg 30k infinity or warhead base?

LazzurusMan

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Looking at upgrading my specna edge 2.0 ak, can't decide on an asg 30k infinity motor, or for another 10 quid I can get the warhead base brushless.

I'll probably be pairing it with a 12.1 gearset short stroked by 2 teeth. 

Any opinions?

• Supporters

I'd lean towards the warhead, the ramp up speed makes for a better percieved snappyness.

Only downside (although afaik they might have alleviated it on their newer motors) is the contacts on the warhead are much more delicate, so a lot more care needs to be taken on the install rather than stuffing wires in willy nilly.

For the sake of a tenner, would certainly go with the warhead. As the above poster referenced, you should get a snappier semi response. Also the efficiency should be higher, so get more shots out of the same battery. Which if you are using certain AK stick lipo batteries can be a plus.

The ASG motors can also be a bit bulky. Have had fitment issues in the past with certain motor cages. Although it was only one or two brands. It can also cause difficulty with some pistol grips. No fun to have to remove the stickers off the motor and sand a pistol grip to fit.

The motor tabs from what I gather have been improved on later batches. They also seem to have reverted to a more traditional set up than the wires based system. The later while handy for certain set-ups was an absolute nuisance for others e.g. MP5 style grip.  Just take it slow during the install and be careful with wire placement (To echo Hamster).

35K too fast? Ya think! Heck, assuming the Warhead runs well, you're looking at 35+ RPM on the 27K on an 11.1v LiPo, and 25 RPM for 7.4v.

In my opinion, both are unneeded here. The spring strengths you're dealing with here aren't enough to display a difference compared to a well-built setup using an ordinary ChiHai Neo. I mostly use brushless for times when I want to keep the original 18:1s in the gun, or when I want to build something that places a lot of stress on the motor (1.5J+ & 50 RPM+). For a snappy efficiency build, you don't need brushless to get amazing performance.

But, assuming you want to spend the money and send it...

I'd go T238 brushless over both options. The ASG is extremely overpriced, and a lot of techs (including myself) favor T238 over Warhead. T238 is cheaper, has had less QC issues, and in comparisons actually were much quieter and drew less current than Warhead.

Cheers everyone, looks like I'll be going for a 27.5k warhead base motor (cheaper than the t238). 

49 minutes ago, LazzurusMan said:

Cheers everyone, looks like I'll be going for a 27.5k warhead base motor (cheaper than the t238). 

Is the Warhead cheaper in the UK? Here in the USA, the Warhead base usually costs about $120 (aside from shipping), and the T238 is $100 shipped from their website.

2 hours ago, Leo Greer said:

Is the Warhead cheaper in the UK? Here in the USA, the Warhead base usually costs about $120 (aside from shipping), and the T238 is $100 shipped from their website.

90 odd quid for the warhead base, 114 plus for the t238.

• Supporters
On 02/08/2023 at 15:27, Leo Greer said:

has had less QC issues, and in comparisons actually were much quieter and drew less current than Warhead.

Anything to back up those claims? Genuine question, I'm curious.

2 hours ago, Lozart said:

Anything to back up those claims? Genuine question, I'm curious.

For amp consumption and sound: HERE Upon watching the video again, the YouTuber noticed that, while very very similar in amp draw, the T238 was much more consistent in draw and sounded better. The good stuff starts at 6 minutes in.

On the QC issues, I had a professional tech mention it to me in THIS thread at post #8. If you'd like, I'm happy to ask him more about it, try to get some references.

4 hours ago, Leo Greer said:

For amp consumption and sound: HERE 

That is just measuring the zero load amp draw which doesn't really say anything,

there is another guy measuring the amps in actual use and shows that the T238 actually has about same or even higher draw than the Warheads (depending on model), so there is really no efficiency advantage here whatsoever.

And the sound is really subjective, to me it sounds like the T238 has more mechanical resistance and a rougher waveform than the Warhead, so to me the Warhead sounds better and quieter and feels like the better built of the two.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.