Books

Pupa2794

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Anyone read any good books lately? 

I've just read Joe Haldeman's "The Forever War" and how the hell that isn't a film yet is beyond me. 

Gone right in at number one of favourite reads. 

• Supporters

I really enjoyed The Stormlight Archive series by Brandon Sanderson. I really rate him as a fantasy writer as each of his series has their own unique magic system, he manages to produce a lot of books and keeps fans updated on his progress through his website. 

He's completed multiple series in the time it's taken for old George to not release another GOT book lol.

The first 4 books in the series have wrapped up, but there are 10 in total planned. The first book takes a while to build up pace, but once it does it gets really good.

10 hours ago, Pupa2794 said:

Anyone read any good books lately? 

I've just read Joe Haldeman's "The Forever War" and how the hell that isn't a film yet is beyond me. 

Gone right in at number one of favourite reads. 

I'd rather they didn't. It's one of my favourites too, and I'm fed up of awful adaptations.

If you're into cerebral sci fi, have you read the Hyperion Cantos by Dan Simmons?

I cannot recommend those books highly enough. 

Bradley Cooper has the rights and is trying to get an adaptation off the ground, but again I'd rather it stay on the page. 

12 hours ago, Skullchewer said:

I'd rather they didn't. It's one of my favourites too, and I'm fed up of awful adaptations.

If you're into cerebral sci fi, have you read the Hyperion Cantos by Dan Simmons?

I cannot recommend those books highly enough. 

Bradley Cooper has the rights and is trying to get an adaptation off the ground, but again I'd rather it stay on the page. 

If it got more people to read it, that'd be worth it imo. 

I wouldn't have read starship troopers without watching the film.

Veerhoven got the wrong end of the stick with his interpretation of his reading of it I think. 

Same for Steven kings the running man too. Or do androids dream of electric sheep. 

I am currently rereading Xenophon's Anabasis; a great work of military history written by a remarkable commander.

When I have finished that, I intend to reread all of Roger Zelazny's novels.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.