Valmet M82

Pupa2794

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I've done one offs and such before but looking to move into small batch work ect. 

First (sort of) full gun is going to be a small batch of Valmet M82s. I have the facilities to manufacture the metalwork and am working on the body, as its urethane it's actually a feasable thing to start with. 

Screen-Shot-2018-07-26-at-12.13.14-PM.png

• Supporters

Just been reading about the valmet on wiki, is there a reason why you chose that model ?, personal preference or something in its design making it more feasible to build ? 

It's the resistance rifle in the original terminator. Kyle Reese has one. 

I met Michael Beihn a few years ago and he's a genuinely nice bloke, a mates got a signed pulse rifle and a all of the T1 terminator guns, except he's missing the valmet. 

I like it. I think it's quirky. 

It's relatively straightforward, in that it's just some parts to stick onto an AK rather than a full build with gearbox alightment and magwells to build ect. 

The body, unlike lots of bullpups, will actually hide a motor of the base gun so it conducts itself well to a build. 

It also strips very easily, the body is actually only attached with 1 bolt and a hook. 

Building one properly is now within my skill set and tooling. 

It's also exactly sat in a weird time period of guns I really like. 

Civilian, rail less, but very useable. 

Like a TMP, Tec9, ruger mini 14, mossberg maverick ect. 

Does that make sense? I know it's maybe not logical, but it's what I like, and I really have fancied one for a while. 

Edited by Pupa2794

• Supporters

That really is c. a. f. 

Yeah, mini-14 is my unavailable dream gnu, my last workplace had so much cool equipment that's generally not easily available, should have had a crack at one when I had a chance. 

st,small,507x507-pad,600x600,f8f8f8 (1).jpg

Thanks. Like I said I'm really not sure how I was to explain it. 

12 hours ago, Tackle said:

That really is c. a. f. 

Yeah, mini-14 is my unavailable dream gnu, my last workplace had so much cool equipment that's generally not easily available, should have had a crack at one when I had a chance. 

st,small,507x507-pad,600x600,f8f8f8 (1).jpg

I bought a 3D printable file for a mini 14 receiver the plan is to cast it and make a semi auto HPA with a CO2 internal tank.

20 hours ago, Pupa2794 said:

I like it. I think it's quirky. 

Me too, ever since I watched this... 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.