Shift Your Rifts 2023

Fatboy40

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

My son and I quite fancy doing an airsoft weekender some when, but not NAF as it really looks like not my cup of tea (just a piss up with airsoft as a side event), but videos of this years Shift Your Rift 2023 looks a lot better (and Abingdon is less than an hours drive for me).

Did anyone here go to it in 2023? If you did what did you think of it, good and bad (both the airsoft and camping, and to be honest it's the camping that worries me the most).

On 17/07/2023 at 19:28, Fatboy40 said:

My son and I quite fancy doing an airsoft weekender some when, but not NAF as it really looks like not my cup of tea (just a piss up with airsoft as a side event), but videos of this years Shift Your Rift 2023 looks a lot better (and Abingdon is less than an hours drive for me).

Did anyone here go to it in 2023? If you did what did you think of it, good and bad (both the airsoft and camping, and to be honest it's the camping that worries me the most).

Why does the camping worry you?

I'm more a hotel person but a couple of nights under canvas is ok really.🙂

The airsoft was very good and it the atmosphere was somewhat more engaging with the vehicles at our disposal though it is a site that allows vehicles to be used in relative safety. We couldn't get the helicopter on the Saturday as we didn't get the email from the MoD. If you like souvenirs or mementos, the armband and wristbands were yours to keep and included in the ticket price.

If you were looking for bargains, there were quite a few to find. There were a some very reasonably priced used AEG and GBB/GnBB RIFs and plenty of accessories. There were a few complete HPA setups but some were so pricy that you were paying for the convenience as you could have sourced the parts yourself for not much more money though you may have some long lead times on some parts. There were a few retailers for new kit also (plus boneyard RIFs), White Sphere Tactical offered a one-off deal on the Vorsk VP-X for £60.

The only concerns about camping were the fact that the Show Your Rift sales were open to Joe Public and not far from camping areas so you just had to be vigilant in keeping valuables out of sight and we were warned about that early on.

It was more than an hour's drive for me but absolutely worth it.

I was at both days, one as a seller and one seller/player.

Not really much to add from Galvatron's post - some decent kit for sale - about 20 or so car booters, and about a dozen shops with sales or deals on.

It's not as big as the midlands carboot (which is not in the midlands anymore) but some decent deals going if you're just looking for something to take your fancy. However, it was noticeably bigger than 2022, and the carboot was located in a much better place so more people could view the stalls.

As fr the airsoft side of things, pretty much a normal day but with more vehicles. I've played that site quite a few times so might just be a bit bored of it so maybe a break is needed.

On 18/07/2023 at 20:00, Shamal said:

Why does the camping worry you?

I'm just a wimp, haven't slept in a tent since I was a kid / teenager, at my age I like a nice comfy bed.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.