Mk12 mod0

johnnyj

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

bit of a rare bit of kit this and trying to work out what it's worth. 

Gb-tech mod0 front set and swan sleeve. 

Arms 35 scope mounts 

Arms 22 trc

Arms 17 bipod mount 

Ali m1 scope with butler creek covers 

G&p m16a1 lower 

G&p m16a1 stock 

King arms fake right hand selector 

Ergo grip 

Gas buster charge handle 

Gearbox is a g&p with a btc mosfet 

Built this up over a year or so and never used it in the field, the gb set has every trade mark you will find on the real stuff and the Arms stuff is all real steel. 

20220409_141737.jpg

I have no clue what the real steel stuff is worth, or how much it depreciates, but I’d put a value on the replica itself at somewhere under or around $300.

I know some people prefer the BTC, but it’s outdated at this point, so it doesn’t add crazy value…

And then a G&P with full trades, presumably shipped from Asia, and presumably one of the old G&P versions, not the newer crap. So a very nice base replica…

I know of smart people paying $300–350 USD for rarer G&Ps, but it’s hard to put an exact price on anything.

At the end of the day, it’s worth what someone will pay for it, regardless of what it has going. Look for similar listings, see what they sell for, and if you feel like those are prices you’d be comfortable settling at, go for it!

It’s a nice build , the ARMS mounts would fetch a good price on their own for the clone building purists so I’d personally suggest splitting those away onto eBay or a US clone build forum .

gun itself , I’d tot up what it would cost you today to piece it together , and go at around 3/4 of that as starting point .

2 hours ago, JimFromHorsham said:

It’s a nice build , the ARMS mounts would fetch a good price on their own for the clone building purists so I’d personally suggest splitting those away onto eBay or a US clone build forum .

gun itself , I’d tot up what it would cost you today to piece it together , and go at around 3/4 of that as starting point .

Thanks Jim.  The gb-tech/vfc front set has long been oop and when new was $530 ( early 2000s ) , the g&p m16a1 lowers are again hard to find. 

Roger lol atm no the barrel and hop was borrowed for my mod1 but it's only 340fps , plan was to rebuild the gearbox in to a 400fps DMR haha 

• Supporters
3 minutes ago, johnnyj said:

the barrel and hop was borrowed for my mod1

That's the sort of thing that I'd want to see spelled out right up front - that you're selling a "quick fix, just don't have the time" project, not a skirmishable gun.

1 hour ago, Rogerborg said:

That's the sort of thing that I'd want to see spelled out right up front - that you're selling a "quick fix, just don't have the time" project, not a skirmishable gun.

Ahh sorry it would be fully working if I did decide to sell it just trying to gauge what I would get for it as a working rifle. 

It's a pure hanger queen that's why I took the barrel and stuck it in my skirmish spr

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.