Lowest power gas for hot GBB

THE FNG

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all,

I recently acquired a WE 999c (G36c). I chrono'd and it is super hot.....around 440 fps!!!!

It's certainly too hot for any sites. 

I was wondering if anyone had any experience with extreme fps changes with different powered gas? The gas that I have tried smells like propane (was already in the mag when it came) was wondering if a 134a would be a significant enough drop in fps to get it under site limits.

If not, it's research time on a new bolt or nozzle!

Thanks all!

Edited by THE FNG
Grammar

First, try it on green gas  in a cooler environment,

then:

Look for a different power down jet valve 

Lower powered Gas won’t cycle the bolt properly.

Wide bore barrel will help as well 

49 minutes ago, THE FNG said:

Hi all,

I recently acquired a WE 999c (G36c). I chrono'd and it is super hot.....around 440 fps!!!!

It's certainly too hot for any sites. 

I was wondering if anyone had any experience with extreme fps changes with different powered gas? The gas that I have tried smells like propane (was already in the mag when it came) was wondering if a 134a would be a significant enough drop in fps to get it under site limits.

If not, it's research time on a new bolt or nozzle!

Thanks all!

You could try duster gas and see if your fps drops drastically. 

I don't know how heavy your bcg but my mp7 happily runs on 80 psi (hpa) instead of 110 psi (roughly average green gas pressure). If you could fit an NPAS that could help a lot as well.

Edited by Krisz

a lfs restrictor disc would bring it down, but im not sure on your site limits? the blue 20% one, or an npas.

Either way, if you dont want to go the diy route, give me a shout as i have both going spare.

The p90 hated the npas and the restrictor disc was too big to get a decent bolt cycle, so i lasered my own disc!

• 3 weeks later...

Yeh, the G36 runs crazy hot and is a difficult beast to tame. I use an ra-tech NPAS and nuprol 1.0 gas (in a white can) to get mine under 350fps.

Even then, when its very warm, it can still shoot over 350fps.

However, when you can get it running it's a great gun to play with.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.