Strange emails regarding adverts

novioman

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Been getting emails for an advert I placed, always the same, I take this please, signed by Charlie. Never here anymore & then next day get the same again. Is this a bot?

21 minutes ago, EDcase said:

Definitely sounds like a scam of some kind.

Have you tried to reply?

There is a chance its legit but proceed with caution.

It does have a mobile number at the bottom of the email, if I get it again I will see if anyone answers. 
I have replied by email but never hear back until the exact message comes through again. 

Edited by novioman

• Moderators
1 hour ago, novioman said:

It does have a mobile number at the bottom of the email, if I get it again I will see if anyone answers. 
I have replied by email but never hear back until the exact message comes through again. 

I'd not bother, could be one of those overseas £1k per minute jobbies, sounds like a random bot that's just latched on to your pm to chance it's arm. 

End of the day, even if its a genuine attempt to purchase from you, do you really want to get involved with someone who can't string a coherent sentence together, never mind give them personal details to allegedly proceed with a payment, & don't get me started if it's anything rif-like their after lol. 

I'd block them if possible ? 

Bit of a funny one that. A quick search for lacruise shows that they've been a member for a couple of years, but only have 4 posts, all of which are sales posts of which 3 were posted today. The bit that strikes me as odd though is that the new adverts all start with the phrase 

"Shit hit the fan work-wise, so need to get rid of a few things."

If this is the case then why would they be buying up more kit?

While there's nothing that is obviously dodgy there's enough to get my spidey senses tingling which is enough to make me ignore their messages

17 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

Ask them how they intend to pay, and take it from there.

I messaged him on the forum yesterday evening and asked what parts of the M&P he was looking for. As of now it’s not even been read. 

• Supporters
3 hours ago, novioman said:

I messaged him on the forum yesterday evening and asked what parts of the M&P he was looking for. As of now it’s not even been read. 

7lvd4w.jpg.b4aab6d71777bf42fee06b76365b3c10.jpg

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.