Nozzle not retracting

ghostwalker

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Looming for some advice.

I bought a tm g3 that's slowly turning into a bit of a nightmare.

The latest and hopefully last issue was found today when I went to test fire it.

The nozzle appears to be fully forward across the feed tube amd not retracting at all when the gun cycles.

My head says this is the tappet plate which has disconnected or broken. 

But I wanted to ask folks more knowledgeable before diving in to try and fix it.

Also any idea what tappet plate I would need if this is the case.

Sounds very much like tappet plate as thats the only bit the nozzle is connected to. Do you have a sector gear delay chip too? If not could be that the gear isnt retracting the tappet plate back far enough for whatever reason.

14 minutes ago, Tiercel said:

Sounds very much like tappet plate as thats the only bit the nozzle is connected to. Do you have a sector gear delay chip too? If not could be that the gear isnt retracting the tappet plate back far enough for whatever reason.

The nozzle doesn't appear to be moving at all. But being a second hand rif I don't know the answer  only that it apparently has a shs gear set, asg ultimate spring and a warfet. The warfet is the only bit I can confirm.

It was supposed to be semi locked and wasn't. So faith in anything else is low.

Thanks folks 

Just ordered a v2 tappet playe and spring set from @ak2m4 

Hopefully the end of various problems with this rif but we shall see. Should know better than to trust in second hand guns. This one's been a mare and if it wasn't for being distracted training for the marathon last month. I would have probably picked up on the problems and challenged the seller. But the ad has gone from the website so no way of recontacting them. 

So far it's been a cracked handguard. The small plastic internal support that screws into the back of the gear box in the g3 was spilt jn half. A part of the barrel support broken and finally being told it was semi locked when it clearly wasn't. 

I'm sure when it finally goes over the chrono it won't be shooting the rumoured 400fps 

No it was via airsoft hub not the forum. Paid goods and services. But seeing g as its been over a month I doubt paypal would do much to be honest.

• Supporters

Well, the tappet plate and spring are small beer, but it may just be that the tappet isn't engaged on the nozzle. Either way, it's going to have to come apart to find out, so you may as well strip it down now rather than waiting for the parts.

While you're at it, I'd note that being knocked back on the day for being hot will run you more than a basic chrono.

Sorry to hear that you've bought a "project gun". I'd assume that about anything bought used, which is why I very rarely take a gamble on "minted, mate, skirmished once, not for me" bargains.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.