Hello from the south coast β€‹πŸ‘‹β€‹

_K4MF_

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi πŸ‘‹

Β 

New to Airsoft as of this year, my bank account has essentially burst intoΒ πŸ”₯, but it's worth it!Β 

Β 

Local to the New Forest, less than 1 mile away from the "Ground Zero" airsoft site in Somerley, Ringwood, where the "National Airsoft Festival" is held every year! I imagine I'll get the opportunity to meet some of you guys there this year!Β πŸ‘

Β 

I tend to play "Bunker" in Portsmouth on Wednesday nights and use the weekends to head further afield to other sites like "Warzone Coventry", "Imperium Kent" etc.Β 

Β 

Looking forward to seeing where this year takes me, glad to be on the forum with like minded people! =]

9 minutes ago, _K4MF_ said:

Hi πŸ‘‹

Β 

New to Airsoft as of this year, my bank account has essentially burst intoΒ πŸ”₯, but it's worth it!Β 

Β 

Local to the New Forest, less than 1 mile away from the "Ground Zero" airsoft site in Somerley, Ringwood, where the "National Airsoft Festival" is held every year! I imagine I'll get the opportunity to meet some of you guys there this year!Β πŸ‘

Β 

I tend to play "Bunker" in Portsmouth on Wednesday nights and use the weekends to head further afield to other sites like "Warzone Coventry", "Imperium Kent" etc.Β 

Β 

Looking forward to seeing where this year takes me, glad to be on the forum with like minded people! =]

Β 

Hello from the edge of the New Forest (Christchurch).

Β 

If you like the Bunker, you would also probably like UCAP Valiant in Dorchester (prison) - It's definitely worth a visit!

Β 

Β 

Hi fella πŸ‘‹

My bank manager stands over my account with a fire extinguisher cause it's constantly smouldering lol.

Β 

Weclome to the asylum and enjoy your new hobby πŸ™‚

Β 

May catch ya at the nae this year or the ucap bunker πŸ‘

Β 

RegardsΒ 

6 hours ago, Speedbird_666 said:

Β 

Hello from the edge of the New Forest (Christchurch).

Β 

If you like the Bunker, you would also probably like UCAP Valiant in Dorchester (prison) - It's definitely worth a visit!

Β 

Β 

And I'm on Christchurch Road...... Hey neighbour!Β 

Β 

I've not yet tried Dorchester prison, I've done the Gloucester one and enjoyed that, but a lot of people have said Dorch is spot on. Added to the list βœ…οΈ πŸ˜ƒΒ 

4 hours ago, Shamal said:

Hi fella πŸ‘‹

My bank manager stands over my account with a fire extinguisher cause it's constantly smouldering lol.

Β 

Weclome to the asylum and enjoy your new hobby πŸ™‚

Β 

May catch ya at the nae this year or the ucap bunker πŸ‘

Β 

Β 

Glad to know I'm not the only one!! πŸš’πŸ§―πŸ€£

Β 

Thank you πŸ‘Š 😊

I like that you find Warzone worth the journey! Good site that one. Welcome to the madnessΒ 

6 hours ago, Jaylordofwaargh said:

I like that you find Warzone worth the journey! Good site that one. Welcome to the madnessΒ 

Very much enjoyed the day there. The site isn't huge but it isn't small either. I feel like there's a good opportunity there for any kind of weapon. Good CQB opportunities for pistol/PDW, high lookout points for mid distance rifles, good camping spots for dmr/snipers, plus they are super relaxed on pyro. Had the opportunity to see the opposing team laying trips and remote pyro across the bridges. Nice little shop there, lovely big safe zone and kitting up area. All round a nice experience.Β 

@_K4MF_ Another local site is Camouflage Airsoft Bournemouth nr Hurn bridge. Ironically I've not played airsoft there myself (and I'm only 10mins away) but I know @C-Diddy frequents the site on a semi-regular basis.

Β 

Β 

@Speedbird_666Β and I'll be at Camouflage on Sunday as it happens.Β 

Β 

@_K4MF_Β sounds like we live in the same area as I'm in Ringwood. I used to play GZ regularly but have moved more to Camouflage. Speedbird has also made those same local site recommendations to me and this summer I plan on going to Dorch, Spec Ops over Wareham way, and maybe Ambush in Southampton.Β 

49 minutes ago, Speedbird_666 said:

@_K4MF_ Another local site is Camouflage Airsoft Bournemouth nr Hurn bridge. Ironically I've not played airsoft there myself (and I'm only 10mins away) but I know @C-Diddy frequents the site on a semi-regular basis.

Β 

Β 

Β 

I've been looking at camouflage recently, also just round the corner from me, I think I need to start a little local tour, because there's actually quite a lot nearby!Β πŸ”«πŸ™‚

35 minutes ago, C-Diddy said:

@Speedbird_666Β and I'll be at Camouflage on Sunday as it happens.Β 

Β 

@_K4MF_Β sounds like we live in the same area as I'm in Ringwood. I used to play GZ regularly but have moved more to Camouflage. Speedbird has also made those same local site recommendations to me and this summer I plan on going to Dorch, Spec Ops over Wareham way, and maybe Ambush in Southampton.Β 

Β 

Small world... Yes, I'm in Ringwood also, just by the Brewery...

Β 

How would I recognise you at a site, what's your loadout look like?

Just now, _K4MF_ said:

Β 

I've been looking at camouflage recently, also just round the corner from me, I think I need to start a little local tour, because there's actually quite a lot nearby!Β πŸ”«πŸ™‚

Β 

Just off the top of my head - within around a 1 hour drive from my house (christchurch):

Β 

- UCAP Valiant*

- UCAP Bunker*

- Spec Ops Blox*

- Bravo Romeo

- Ambush Activities*

- South Coast CQB

- Camouflage Bournemouth

- Ironsight Airsoft*

- Ground Zero*

Β 

*sites I've played at - I just need to hit Camouflage, Bravo Romeo and South Coast CQB to finish the set.

Β 

Journey times might be slightly quicker if you are around the Ringwood/Verwood area as you can jump straight onto the A31/M27

Β 

Β 

42 minutes ago, C-Diddy said:

@Speedbird_666Β and I'll be at Camouflage on Sunday as it happens.

Β 

I actually was toying with the idea of going this sunday, but my boys are going to the AFCB match (they are season ticket holders - can't stand the sport myself) and the weather doesn't look promising. I think I will try to get to the May game on the 21st though.

Β 

4 minutes ago, Speedbird_666 said:

*sites I've played at - I just need to hit Camouflage, Bravo Romeo and South Coast CQB to finish the set.

Β 

South Coast CQB is one I've been meaning to get to, but each time I've gone to book, it's been full.Β 

Β 

5 minutes ago, Speedbird_666 said:

Journey times might be slightly quicker if you are around the Ringwood/Verwood area as you can jump straight onto the A31/M27

Β 

I've been travelling to Kent, Coventry, Gloucester etc.... So Camouflage, SouthCoast CQB etc are sooooooo much closer, definitely happy to travel to them!

Just now, _K4MF_ said:

I've been travelling to Kent, Coventry, Gloucester etc....

Β 

That's pretty hardcore.

Β 

Being a family man (4 kids and a wife just finishing her Uni Degree) - I kinda have to stick to the 1hr radius to make it home at a sensible time to help out around the house.

Β 

We are quite lucky that we have so much locally. Someone (at Ambush the other day) was telling me a rumour that another site will be opening in our local area at some point this year. Whether that comes to fruitition I don't know - I've been hearing that the old Contact Front site near matchams might reopen for years now and nothing's happened.

26 minutes ago, Speedbird_666 said:

That's pretty hardcore.

Β 

Hardcore on the diesel... NGLΒ πŸ˜‚

Β 

27 minutes ago, Speedbird_666 said:

Being a family man (4 kids and a wife just finishing her Uni Degree) - I kinda have to stick to the 1hr radius to make it home at a sensible time to help out around the house.

Β 

That's understandable, no kids here at this point, just a girlfriend at the end of her tetherΒ πŸ™ƒΒ πŸ™ƒ

Β 

28 minutes ago, Speedbird_666 said:

We are quite lucky that we have so much locally. Someone (at Ambush the other day) was telling me a rumour that another site will be opening in our local area at some point this year. Whether that comes to fruitition I don't know - I've been hearing that the old Contact Front site near matchams might reopen for years now and nothing's happened.

Β 

Yeah, I'll be honest, I couldn't believe my luck when i found out that NAF, essentially the biggest airsoft get-together, is literally outside my front door. We seem to have a nice mix of skirmish, CQB, Milsim all within 1 hour of us. Have you been to NAF before? Do you rate it? Haven't bought my ticket yet, but gunna have to soon.Β 

1 minute ago, _K4MF_ said:

Have you been to NAF before? Do you rate it? Haven't bought my ticket yet, but gunna have to soon.Β 

Β 

No. Never have - I don't think I ever will. Does not appeal to me in the slightest.

Β 

I know @Shamal has done a few - he will be better to comment on it.

Β 

Β 

2 minutes ago, Speedbird_666 said:

Β 

No. Never have - I don't think I ever will. Does not appeal to me in the slightest.

Β 

I know @Shamal has done a few - he will be better to comment on it.

Β 

Β 

Β 

Fair enough, it is a shed load of people attending, and it's a costly weekend, I can understand why it might not be for everyone.Β πŸ€™

3 hours ago, Speedbird_666 said:

Β 

Just off the top of my head - within around a 1 hour drive from my house (christchurch):

Β 

- UCAP Valiant*

- UCAP Bunker*

- Spec Ops Blox*

- Bravo Romeo

- Ambush Activities*

- South Coast CQB

- Camouflage Bournemouth

- Ironsight Airsoft*

- Ground Zero*

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

I actually was toying with the idea of going this sunday, but my boys are going to the AFCB match (they are season ticket holders - can't stand the sport myself) and the weather doesn't look promising. I think I will try to get to the May game on the 21st though.

Β 

Drop me a line if you do mate. And again, thanks for all the local suggestions πŸ‘

3 hours ago, _K4MF_ said:

Small world... Yes, I'm in Ringwood also, just by the Brewery...

Β 

How would I recognise you at a site, what's your loadout look like?

Used to be a frequent visitor to that part of town!

Β 

I'm usually in a variation of this,

Β 

DANW-CAMO-B-12-2-23-159.thumb.jpg.395ebbb7a55f37e6d1e0133343b5def0.jpg

Β 

and usually accompanied by my lad.

Β 

As mentioned toΒ @Speedbird_666Β and @Shamaldrop a message if you're going local and we'll arrange a meetΒ 

1 hour ago, CheeseToastie said:

Hello. Southampton based and GZ is my current local site.

Β 

If you are Southampton based, you should give Ambush Activities at Botley a try (if you haven't already). They have just (as in 2-3 weeks ago) moved away from Paintball completely and have become a dedicated airsoft site.

Β 

I'm hoping that they will be focusing on the optimising the field for Airsoft gameplay (it's very paintball-arena based at the moment) but the staff are friendly, have HPA fills on site, and the best run chrono station I have ever seen. Oh, and Dominos pizza gets delivered for lunch.

Β 

I plan to return there later in the year to see if they implement any changes.

Β 

44 minutes ago, C-Diddy said:

Drop me a line if you do mate. And again, thanks for all the local suggestions πŸ‘

Β 

Will do mate!

1 hour ago, C-Diddy said:

I'm usually in a variation of this,

Β 

So look out for the gear whore in tiger stripe - got it....😘 (just playing with you)

Β 

I usually wear as little kit as I can get away with these days.

Β 

I call this the 'hoody, 2 hicaps and a bag of BB's in a dump pouch loadout'

image.thumb.png.abcb4070da218be3003f9f079430ac95.png

Β 

Sometimes I rock a cheapo viper chest ring and midcaps in my special 'i'm too fat to be a speedsofter but wear paintball goggles anyway loadout' when playing CQB.

Β 

Deeply uncool I know -Β  I don't even run optics or sights on my guns most of the time now. Accuracy by volume and all that.

27 minutes ago, Speedbird_666 said:

I call this the 'hoody, 2 hicaps and a bag of BB's in a dump pouch loadout'.Β Β I don't even run optics or sights on my guns most of the time now. Accuracy by volume and all that.

Β 

AKA "The Hope and Pray Bundle"Β πŸ˜‚

54 minutes ago, Speedbird_666 said:

Β 

So look out for the gear whore in tiger stripe - got it....😘 (just playing with you)

Β 

I usually wear as little kit as I can get away with these days.

Β 

Β 

Best way pal. I'll be ditching the PC soon...but yes, I fully own being a gear whore 🀣 

5 hours ago, Speedbird_666 said:

Β 

I'm hoping that they will be focusing on the optimising the field for Airsoft gameplay

Like maybe, occasionally playing south of the bale strip.....

5 hours ago, Speedbird_666 said:

Β 

If you are Southampton based, you should give Ambush Activities at Botley a try (if you haven't already). They have just (as in 2-3 weeks ago) moved away from Paintball completely and have become a dedicated airsoft site.

Β 

I'm hoping that they will be focusing on the optimising the field for Airsoft gameplay (it's very paintball-arena based at the moment) but the staff are friendly, have HPA fills on site, and the best run chrono station I have ever seen. Oh, and Dominos pizza gets delivered for lunch.

Β 

I plan to return there later in the year to see if they implement any changes.

Β 

Β 

Will do mate!

Β 

Interesting I didn't know that. I'll add it to my ever growing list of places to visit

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.