USB charger port

Guest Earpy69

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Guest Earpy69

Stupid question but is there a charger that is usb port compatible instead of your usual wall plug. If there is anyone know where to get one?

• Supporters

For charging airsoft batteries?  Very unlikely, as you'd have to step 5V up to something like 13V to charge an 11.1V (and actually peaking at 12.6V) lipo, and you'd be charging it at under 1A.

What problem are you trying to solve?  As in, what batteries do you already have?  The default recommendation is a SkyRC S65 as a do-anything solution (caveat: unless there's something better and cheaper out there now).

Guest Earpy69

Running a 1450mAh-11.1V-25c-15w LiPo. Running a few ideas in my head as some site in my area don’t have electric/ charging areas

1 hour ago, Earpy69 said:

Running a 1450mAh-11.1V-25c-15w LiPo. Running a few ideas in my head as some site in my area don’t have electric/ charging areas

Charge the batteries before going to the site?

Charge a few batteries the evening before game and they should last. If I'm doing weekend games I take a small petrol generator to charge batts.

• Supporters
6 hours ago, Earpy69 said:

Er, buy another one?  Unless you're emptying drum mag after drum mage, 2.9Ah should see you through a day - I usually swap batteries at lunch to spread the load.

Failing that, a 12V -> 240V inverter should be fine for running a mains charger (assuming you're not a bus wanker).  The older SkyRC iMax B6 chargers will run directly off of a 12V (well, 12.5V to 14.5V) car battery - I think mine came with a crocodile-clipped lead for that purpose.  That's not a recommendation, those are old tech now, just a note.

• Supporters

Oh, nice, but as you say, a last resort if you want to put a little charge into a battery on site.  Might make sense if you're at a weekender with no charging facilities, and don't mind risking your batteries to whatever circuitry is (or isn't) in there.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.