Boys m89 DE ump45 stock shortening

Egon_247

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

My boy has bought himself an m89 ump45 from DE and only being little (he's 12 but a small 12) and the stock on his gnu seems a bit too long.

Anyone ever shortened a stock?

It's the folding type...

7 minutes ago, Egon_247 said:

It's the folding type...

Had the same issue with the G&G UMP I owned a good while back - the length of pull was too much for what is ultimately a CQB gun. Ended up selling it because of the stock.

I know there are 3d-printed buffer tube adapters about - but I have no idea if they are compatible with the Double Eagle version.

I would try to retrofit a shorter UMP stock first something like this: https://www.sixmm.com/en-gb/products/cyma-mp5-ump-foldable-airsoft-stock-for-mp5-mp5k-aeg-series. Ofc it's airsoft who knows if it's compatible.

More expensive solution is selling it and buying a Double Eagle M917C UTR45 which is very similar looking gun. 

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Krisz said:

I would try to retrofit a shorter UMP stock first something like this: https://www.sixmm.com/en-gb/products/cyma-mp5-ump-foldable-airsoft-stock-for-mp5-mp5k-aeg-series. Ofc it's airsoft who knows if it's compatible.

More expensive solution is selling it and buying a Double Eagle M917C UTR45 which is very similar looking gun. 

I'd say that won't work as the DE one has a battery hatch in the rear of the upper receiver. That said, you might be able to get the hinge pin out and swap the actual stock part over.

2 hours ago, Egon_247 said:

My boy has bought himself an m89 ump45 from DE and only being little (he's 12 but a small 12) and the stock on his gnu seems a bit too long.

Anyone ever shortened a stock?

It's the folding type...

Can he not just run it with the stock folded?

2 hours ago, Lozart said:

Can he not just run it with the stock folded?

I did suggest that, but he likes to pull into his shoulder. 

I'm thinking I might be able to cut the butt plate off and reattach a bit further forward. Hmmm.. I can hear the a team music coming on....😂😂

46 minutes ago, Egon_247 said:

I'm thinking I might be able to cut the butt plate off and reattach a bit further forward. Hmmm.. I can hear the a team music coming on....😂😂

You could certainly try - I mean TommyBuilt G36s and UMPs are made by reworking the plastic of the civilian H&K models - welding new sections of receiver together.

There are quite a few videos on YouTube about using a soldering iron to weld broken plastic pieces together. It would probably look a bit gopping on your first go, but you could use a cheap 2nd hand G36 stock to practice on. Just try it in a well ventilated area.

Ahaaaa. Apparently there's a 3d printed doodad that allows you to fit an m4 stock to the hinge....might go looking for one of those.....

• 3 weeks later...

Well, as i cant stand threads that just die off and no one knows what happened.....this happened....

I bought the M4 conversion piece (aliexpress, was about £8 and is 3d printed) and fitted it. The M4 tube mounting screw was about 10mm too long but an M6 nut and a couple of washers and jobs a good un. 

While i was doing that, i did actually cut his original stock down and with some M4 countersunk bolts, a bit of plate and some swearing, i managed to cut about 12cm off and remount the shoulder part.

I'll get some pics tonight when i get home from work but he's a happy chap again. So happy that he bought an MP5.  KIDS!!!!! 

• 3 weeks later...
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.