Evolution Bio 0.28g BBs at Patrolbase - Any good?

RostokMcSpoons

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Spotted these...

https://www.patrolbase.co.uk/evolution-airsoft-0-28g-target-6mm-biodegradable-bb-1kg-bag

At £9.99 for 1kg  ~3,500 BB's they're appear to be decent value, and when I'm about to buy other bits and pieces I like to add stuff to the order to get my money's worth out of the delivery.   The only other BB's that Patrolbase sell at the moment are Vorsk and Nuprol.   Are Evolution thought of as better than those (or indeed, are they thought of at all???)

That's good news, thanks!

A tenner is a good price, isn't it?   I've been much busier buying guns than consumables, so I've lost track of the pricing trends these days.

• Supporters

Yes, that's a great price, especially if you're already paying postage on something else anyway.  I was sceptical too, but haven't experienced any problems with them.

Of course, it's possible that the only "bio" thing about them is the word on the bag, and manufacturers can go rogue at any time - looking at you ASG.

You could try and figure out who manufactures them. Brands typically manufacture themselves a slightly different thing according to their preferences, but there are still only a few factories/OEMs that make BBs. Aka BLS in Taiwan.

27 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Yes, that's a great price, especially if you're already paying postage on something else anyway.  I was sceptical too, but haven't experienced any problems with them.

Of course, it's possible that the only "bio" thing about them is the word on the bag, and manufacturers can go rogue at any time - looking at you ASG.

Yeah, looking at all the immaculate-looking Bio BBs scattered around the end of my garden, it does feel like a marketing / green washing / rip-off exercise.

Perhaps they just mean the BBs will bio degrade in 10 years instead of a 100 😕

• Supporters
43 minutes ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

Perhaps they just mean the BBs will bio degrade in 10 years instead of a 100 😕

[Looks around for any site owners] More like 100 instead of 1,000.

Well if you look at how bio BBs are tested, the humidity and pressure they're tested at means we must be playing on Mercury or something to see them disappear in 60 days, as most companies state :D

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.