Any recommendations for an Eotech clone sight 551/553/558

RostokMcSpoons

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

9 minutes ago, Enid_Puceflange said:

Ok

Ive been “lucky” every time

Plenty of orders over the £135 cost

I wonder if it’s because China and the far east aren’t part of Europe , I think it was purchases from European retailers that were affected?

As we “left” Europe then it all fell to pants, I don’t think the far east purchases had any issues other than the exchange rate being gash now that we are a third world country 😂

That's not the case, I'll leave the appropriate link here for anyone that cares to read it. My best guess would be the speed at which they're trying to process everything is outweighing how good they've been at charging duty, and long may it continue (he says having literally just had to pay duty on a parcel from Australia).

As you said, not a thread discussing this just wanted to clarify something that wasn't entirely accurate.

I've been having another look today... the Sotac is definitely on the fine-to-good spectrum.  I might not bother ordering the S1 after all, because I've worked out a lot of the distortion I saw last night seems to be caused / exacerbated by

• low light levels (the reticle looks sharper in the daylight)
  • my shite eyesight (having been staring at screens from 1.5ft away for the whole day)
  • eye relief (the more distance, the more apparent distortion)

Thanks for the info about the duty etc, useful data as I might be buying an HPA-tapped mag from France (185 EUR, so I'll be expecting to pay 'stuff' for that)

1 hour ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

Thanks for the info about the duty etc, useful data as I might be buying an HPA-tapped mag from France (185 EUR, so I'll be expecting to pay 'stuff' for that)

Can only give my own experience but I ordered my ESS Profile Pivots from Powair6 which is in France I believe. About 150EUR and I didn't get charged duty/extra tax or anything. If you're looking for HPA stuff in the UK try Airtac.me or highpressureairsoft.co.uk

Edited by MrTea

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.