High capa mag issue!

DRaZZ

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I'm new to airsoft and the secondary I bought is a Vorsk defender pro 1911.

The gun itself is fine and for a 120 quid 1911 I'm quite impressed, I purchased a high capa mag to accompany the one that came with the gun. Its a GBB gun so I got green gas to fill the mags. To begin with I was getting 6 shots and then the mag was out of gas. I read up about purging and oiling the valve the hammer strikes. I did this and now I get many more shots. My mags hold something like 25 bbs. Right now I'm getting around 18 to 20 shots before it's out of gas. The last 3 or 4 shots are seriously down on power though.

I have read that a filled mag should fire all the shots and around half again before the mag is out of gas.

What am I doing wrong? Is there something I am doing wrong or am I getting the kind of performance I should expect to get from these mags?

The mags I have are the one that came with the gun and the other is  Raven 1911 meu magazine. Any help is greatly appreciated as I want to sort the teething problems I have before I sign up for my first game!

Thanks guys.

How warm are the mags when you are using them ? it could be as simple as the temperature being low at the moment. But yes you should get at least a mag full of BBs from a gas fill. I image you've checked out some videos so are filling the mags correctly , which brand of gas are you using ?

I'm firing inside my house so it can't be a temp issue. I'm using WE X2 green gas. Filling the mag with bottle held upside down, holding for 7 to 10 seconds.

As I said I have oiled the hammer valve and purged which massively increased the 6 shots I initially got but I'm still not getting a full mag.

Could it be a wear in issue, will improve over time as the mag is used?

I'm planning to switch to red gas as I have read it's higher pressure, hoping that will cure the issue as well as increase my fps a little.

Ok just watched a quick video on it and it looks like it takes the slim 1911 mags not the chunky Hi Cappa ones . If that's the case it's less of a suprise , 1911 mags have a very small gas reservoire compared to Hi Cappa mags or Glock ones. I've got 3 ( I think) 1911 's and whilst they all shoot well i tend to never game them because of the limited gas issue. Fun for a garden plink though. Can you post a picture of the mag ? 

Use will help a bit as things move easier.

5 hours ago, DRaZZ said:

I'm firing inside my house so it can't be a temp issue. I'm using WE X2 green gas. Filling the mag with bottle held upside down, holding for 7 to 10 seconds.

As I said I have oiled the hammer valve and purged which massively increased the 6 shots I initially got but I'm still not getting a full mag.

Could it be a wear in issue, will improve over time as the mag is used?

I'm planning to switch to red gas as I have read it's higher pressure, hoping that will cure the issue as well as increase my fps a little.

My AA 1911 with slim mags does not operate well enough even inside a house if its 15 degrees or so. I need to have the mags in my pocket for a little while to warm up to get through a whole mag. 

1911's apart from TM's are a real struggle to operate in the winter.

Edited by Asomodai

On 06/02/2023 at 13:36, Nick G said:

Ok just watched a quick video on it and it looks like it takes the slim 1911 mags not the chunky Hi Cappa ones . If that's the case it's less of a suprise , 1911 mags have a very small gas reservoire compared to Hi Cappa mags or Glock ones. I've got 3 ( I think) 1911 's and whilst they all shoot well i tend to never game them because of the limited gas issue. Fun for a garden plink though. Can you post a picture of the mag ? 

Use will help a bit as things move easier.

Here are pics mate, the raven is the one I bought, other came with the gun. I asked for high capa, these hold 25 ish bb's.... are those not high capa then mate?

20230210_001055.jpg

20230210_001110.jpg

20230210_001110.jpg

20230210_001130.jpg

20230210_001159.jpg

1 minute ago, DRaZZ said:

Here are pics mate, the raven is the one I bought, other came with the gun. I asked for high capa, these hold 25 ish bb's.... are those not high capa then mate?

20230210_001055.jpg

20230210_001110.jpg

20230210_001110.jpg

20230210_001130.jpg

20230210_001159.jpg

These are double stack 1911 mags. But upper part of the pistol is Hicapa. 

So your gas capacity isn't going to be great. This will work much better with warm mags. 

• Supporters
19 minutes ago, DRaZZ said:

20230210_001055.jpg

20230210_001110.jpg

20230210_001110.jpg

20230210_001130.jpg

20230210_001159.jpg

The gun is not a Hi Capa, it's a 1911 with a fancy slide.

Here's a pistol I can personally recommend.  It works perfectly in the cold.

You can take a look at the pictures, it shows what proper hi capa mags look like (fatter!)

He's open to offers, maybe you could buy this and sell yours on?

• Supporters
11 minutes ago, DRaZZ said:

This gun and or mags sucks lol

Hate to say it but it's probably both.

Gas efficiency on the 1911 isn't great, coupled with the small mag means that when it gets in any way cold they can struggle. There's things you can do like high flow valves, aftermarket gas routers etc etc but it depends how much more you want to spend on a gun that's not great to start with.

16 hours ago, DRaZZ said:

20230210_001055.jpg

20230210_001110.jpg

20230210_001110.jpg

20230210_001130.jpg

20230210_001159.jpg

Sorry, only just seen this, but as others have already answered, not Hi cappa mags just double stack 1911 mags.

They will struggle in colder weather.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.