Which sling swivel for my sniper rifle?

RostokMcSpoons

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I've got a sniper rifle sitting in the corner, needs a sling on it so I can carry it around hands-free at the site.  Trouble is it has no sling fittings, and I don't know what I need to buy

It's a plastic hollow bodied Rossi sniper rifle in the standard M40 style.  There is a small plastic nub at the front with a hole drilled through it, that can probably take a swivel.. but maybe it's a fitting for a bipod. 

How do I fit a swivel at the butt end?  I'm not sure if I need a bolt or a wood screw fitting?

https://outdoorzone.ie/product/rossi-ds24-storm-sniper-rifle-pro-version/

Oh yeah, I'm intending to share the sling with my M14 which does already have swivels on it, so it'll be some sort of classic simple sling with buckles on the ends, or the spring plate style attachments

Edited by RostokMcSpoons

Have a butchers at these: https://www.ant-supplies.uk/gun-sling-fittings/

The classic canvas sling Ant sells is fantastic value. 

I went for Ant's sling swivels, but I went to eBay and bought a repro M1 Garand sling for £16 as it's going to spend time on my M14 too

I've also bought some of Ant's RIS rail covers cos damnit, the rails on my new 416 have some sharp corners!  A fiver for 12 rubber covers is good value.  I've ordered a set of clip-on plastic covers from eBay as well to see which I prefer.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.