Starter Pistol

KeKeImperial

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I have been playing airsoft for a while but I usually just rent a rifle. I am thinking of buying a pistol but I dont have much knowledege about it. I am looking to find a $100-200 pistol, I am thinking of Tokyo Marui Hi capa 5.1 as I heard they are easy to customize(?) or AW HX25 just because I like the design.

Are they good starter pistol?

Any suggestion for pistol around $100-200?

Anything else I should know or find(setup/attachments)?

Would I encounter anything during the shipping process(UK and HK)?

I am completely new to airsoft so tell me anything even if it sounds general and correct me if I got anything wrong

Edited by KeKeImperial

You can't go wrong with a TM hi capa to be honest.  They're upgradeable to the extreme (will no doubt empty your wallet if you choose to go there)

I run a TM D.O.R hi capa, not because of the red dot sight mount which it has, but because of the larger size blowback unit... Very useful in low temperatures - mine ran like a champ even during the winter, where my other gas pistol failed miserably

Not that you _really_ need a pistol, unless you make a point of using it during games (which I do, they're great fun!)

TM Hi-capa is one of the best GBBs on the market, honestly. They're super upgradeable if you want to go down that route, but it's entirely unnecessary as TM pistols perform really well out of the box, even in low temperatures. The upgradeability is just doubly useful because it means that if something does go wrong and break (my Hi-Capa is still working perfectly after years), you can easily get replacement parts.

Go for a TM, don't worry about the plastic slide. It just helps it cycle more reliably and you don't even think about it in the situations you'd actually need a pistol for.

I have been playing airsoft for a while but I usually just rent a rifle. 

Does this mean that you don't have your own primary yet? I would highly advise against getting a pistol as a primary if you don't have any other weapons. Though you can run a pistol as a primary, it is way less practical than a standard AEG and much more expensive by the time you take into account the mag costs and a pistol that reliably performs to the same level as even a basic AEG. You could of course go the HPA route and run with M$ mags which makes pistols completely viable, but is also an expensive investment. If you want to try it out and have some people that you know that attend your site, ask nicely to borrow one of their pistols for a game or two, that way you can see whether or not you still love the idea of going pistol only or if the romanticism wears off once you try and experience the disadvantage verses running an AEG

As for shipping form HK to UK it is hit or miss in my experience, sometimes it is fast and no problems with customs, other times it can get stuck for ages or you get hit with an unexpected customs charge. Make sure the company you are buying from puts your UKARA number on the customs paperwork or you will have to spend even more time dealing with customs and trying to prove that you are legally allowed to purchase a RIF with a valid defence.

On 09/01/2023 at 05:32, KeKeImperial said:I am looking to find a $100-200 pistol, I am thinking of Tokyo Marui Hi capa 5.1 as I heard they are easy to customize(?) or AW HX25 just because I like the design.

Are they good starter pistol?

Surely an airsoft gbb it’s going to be loud enough? Think of the poor athletes!

I’ll get my coat. 🙄

Edited by The Waco Kid

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.