help with upgrade on CYMA CM.032 EBR M14

mrduckiee

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I was thinking of upgrading my CYMA CM.032 EBR M14 i thought of getting a M130 spring but i am worried if the stock internals will get ruined or broken if it would what part should i buy to fix that. I also want to upgrade the gear box to  a v2 would this be a good idea.

Thank you for your time.

You can't 'upgrade' a gearbox to a V2 gearbox, the gearbox versions are all different gearbox shapes and types, a V3 isn't an upgraded V2 it is a completely different gearbox for a different type of gun. Your M14 EBR has a V7 type gearbox with a different motor housing compared to the standard V7 gearbox because of where the motor sits in the EEBR version of the M14. 

When it comes to upgrading a V7 gearbox, they aren't the easiest to work on and the parts availability is difficult for the parts that aren't universal between al gearbox types. You have a different cylinder, different gears (the spur gear is a different size, the bevel and sector gears can be changed) the cylinder head and nozzle are specific to the V7 (nozzle is specific and just getting the right length standard nozzle wont work). They also don't work with a lot of aftermarket pistons as they rub on the gears so the piston has to be modified to clear them. 

Things that will break eventually if you put a stronger spring in it, the stock piston is fully plastic, maybe one metal tooth (i only disassembled one yesterday but can't picture it in my head) this wont hold up to continued use with an M130 and really a full metal rack is required (but this then means modifying one to fit). The standard gear may or may not hold up, they aren't the strongest gears ever but with decent shimming they should be fine for a while. The only aftermarket ones that are readily available are the SHS V7 gearset and they are decent, I have used them but they are expensive compared to standard gears because they are such a niche item. Your stock motor may not be up to pulling a spring that big, the stock CYMA motors really struggle with bigger springs and most likely it will make your gun incredibly sluggish. I don't know about the motor length on the V7 EBR version, but stock CYMA V7 gearboxes come with a short type motor that is actually slightly shorter than most stock short motors so you have to modify the shaft to fit properly.

Actually jamming an M130 spring into a V7 gearbox is no easy task, they don't have a quick change spring so you are trying to jam the spring in, stop the cylinder from popping out all while keeping all the gears inline and not knocking shims off them as you try and close the gearbox. It is not fun and will take several tries most probably. It can be incredibly frustrating but is possible.

• Supporters

What would you like to achieve with the CYMA that it's not doing now?  Do you want to run it as a DMR?

54 minutes ago, Terry_Rist said:

the stock CYMA motors really struggle with bigger springs

True, they're not the best motors, but CYMAs sold in the US and EU tend to come meatier than in the UK.  TaiwanGun, for example, reckons about 1.5J for the CM0.32... although GunFire says ~340fps / 1.1J, so, eh, who knows.

Just noting that as an aside, I agree with the assessment that it's not like chucking a new spring into a Specna Arms M4.

3 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

True, they're not the best motors, but CYMAs sold in the US and EU tend to come meatier than in the UK.  TaiwanGun, for example, reckons about 1.5J for the CM0.32... although GunFire says ~340fps / 1.1J, so, eh, who knows.

Yeah that is fair enough the motors can work but I just find them so lethargic when you try and push them. I agree that it can still be used, just wanted them to be aware that they will have a noticeable reduction in response and cycle time if they just put a bigger spring in and don't make any other modifications.

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Terry_Rist said:

You can't 'upgrade' a gearbox to a V2 gearbox, the gearbox versions are all different gearbox shapes and types, a V3 isn't an upgraded V2 it is a completely different gearbox for a different type of gun. Your M14 EBR has a V7 type gearbox with a different motor housing compared to the standard V7 gearbox because of where the motor sits in the EEBR version of the M14. 

When it comes to upgrading a V7 gearbox, they aren't the easiest to work on and the parts availability is difficult for the parts that aren't universal between al gearbox types. You have a different cylinder, different gears (the spur gear is a different size, the bevel and sector gears can be changed) the cylinder head and nozzle are specific to the V7 (nozzle is specific and just getting the right length standard nozzle wont work). They also don't work with a lot of aftermarket pistons as they rub on the gears so the piston has to be modified to clear them. 

Things that will break eventually if you put a stronger spring in it, the stock piston is fully plastic, maybe one metal tooth (i only disassembled one yesterday but can't picture it in my head) this wont hold up to continued use with an M130 and really a full metal rack is required (but this then means modifying one to fit). The standard gear may or may not hold up, they aren't the strongest gears ever but with decent shimming they should be fine for a while. The only aftermarket ones that are readily available are the SHS V7 gearset and they are decent, I have used them but they are expensive compared to standard gears because they are such a niche item. Your stock motor may not be up to pulling a spring that big, the stock CYMA motors really struggle with bigger springs and most likely it will make your gun incredibly sluggish. I don't know about the motor length on the V7 EBR version, but stock CYMA V7 gearboxes come with a short type motor that is actually slightly shorter than most stock short motors so you have to modify the shaft to fit properly.

Actually jamming an M130 spring into a V7 gearbox is no easy task, they don't have a quick change spring so you are trying to jam the spring in, stop the cylinder from popping out all while keeping all the gears inline and not knocking shims off them as you try and close the gearbox. It is not fun and will take several tries most probably. It can be incredibly frustrating but is possible.

The EBR uses a long shaft motor with the collar removed.

Hop rubber, nub and barrel are more important than anything you'll change in your gearbox, that's my two cents.

Far easier to do as well :P 

On 29/12/2022 at 01:36, Impulse said:

Hop rubber, nub and barrel are more important than anything you'll change in your gearbox, that's my two cents.

Far easier to do as well :P 

This^ doen't matter if it's a WE pistol, VFC aeg or anything in between. Hop up components will give you the most performance increase per ££ by miles. Most internal gearbox component upgrades are often just durability upgrades rather than performance. 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.