Airsoft business opportunity - Callington, Plymouth-ish

Tommikka

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Sad news for a paintball site, but an opportunity for airsoft….

The following has been posted on Facebook by the owner of ‘OnTarget games’ regarding their Callington site in the PL7 postcode area

Further details are below in italics quoted from Martello, but the jist of the situation is that the paintball market in the area has dropped, it’s not sustainable as paintball only.

They have two opportunities proposed as either a partnership or to fully transfer the site over.

Part of the video below gives an overview of the Callington site, but the rest of the video and play list are about building one of their other venues

A sad day... We have had to make the horrible choice to close our Callington venue to paintball. The pandemic was a struggle, after lockdown we were as busy as ever, but the cost of living seems to have driven the kids birthday groups away. The catchment area can't provide enough paintball bookings to keep it going on its own. We have briefly spoken to the landowners who could be open to expanding the area available to make it better for airsoft if anyone was interested in taking it on. But unfortunately I don't have the time or investment to make this happen on our own at the moment. It has permissions for wargaming activities from the council etc, seems such a shame after all the hard work. But that's life... Our Newquay venue is still going thanks to stag parties 😎.

I'm open to offers to take it on as a partnership with someone else as an airsoft venue or they can make an offer for the site as it stands. But we can't continue as it is on our own. Pm me if you are interested. I will start to dismantle in the next few weeks.

The first link below may or may not work due to Facebook permissions as it’s to his personal profile, there are the site & magazine links, or I can provide some contact info 

https://m.facebook.com/100001400763362/

https://m.facebook.com/100057686490648/

https://www.facebook.com/PaintballMag/

A shame, but not surprising - paintball as a sport and industry has been in a sustained and steady decline for well over a decade now.

Way too expensive for kids parties, Stag-dos are not exactly repeat customers nor sustainable income in the current climate, not enough interest to continue walk-on days at many sites (thus removing the tournament player pipeline).

Most of the UK Tournament Series are long gone (NSPL, Dartford 7's, M25 Series etc). The major forums are pretty much dead (P8ntballer & PBNation).

Even NXL World Cup seemed a bit - mediocre - compared to years past (I know the hurricane didn't help. Nice to see SD Dynasty on amazing form with Ollie Lang).

I hope OnTarget can successfully partner with someone or offload the site for Airsoft use.

This would be great for this part of the world.
I’m based in Paignton and the only sites around at Skirmish in Exeter and MMA in Saltash. A decent site in the Plymouth area would be a perfect as it’s pretty much half way between those two sites. 

Fingers crossed they can find someone who'll take it on and help make the site work.

Offering both airsoft and paintball would certainly open the site up to a bigger customer base.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.