I think my sons ARP9 dead :(

GothicGhost

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I did a test shoot before cleaning the hop-up unit and barrel with everything is working fine.

We took out the inner barrel setup and never touched the gearbox or motor.

Tested two batteries and both dean pins spark, then I try to connect to the gun.

I took the motor out, and it did not spin freely, but when I plugged in the battery, it would spin without pulling the trigger, and then the MOSFET was smoking…..

I think I need MOSFET and wiring setup?

Thank you for any advice

I opened the gearbox and it seems okay?

IMG_20220911_123625684_HDR.thumb.jpg.218f758f48768da6e1e5bae80336fd92.jpg

Would this wiring set fit ?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/134128057076?hash=item1f3aa7baf4:g:k~cAAOSwH-xixVr5&amdata=enc%3AAQAHAAAA4FofIgPGlw2t42oNkf%2BLTWHxezRJnMUmD7lPPhcUFc5N8L3XB8Xwh5rBvKK8xHFjVeHGCrNkLvogVhF2FRUEN8G2Swav9uIrzoBeWUAlMj0j8GXAn%2BwIACQlFos6BepjV85V2Q6BCVuuqjUICwT5WINlWL4BEtWZGUKUJssi5Oa%2BzlHhVx9LHYG7fl%2BcOo1UHxRwkXHsnJC%2BhICtFxIhQqhdOkVo2ncVU2pY4KaAlqD1VdjrhEccu6EpKa3BhVljDzz2FODwj46CQbjAJYksojvlocqvyAxGH8HvWiwx8SXQ|tkp%3ABk9SR_z3wsblYA

Thanks

Edited by GothicGhost

Seems to me like you may have a short somewhere. I've never know batteries to 'spark' when connecting. 🤔

Check all the wiring for worn or bad insulation.

Regards 

Check for shorts but it's likely the mosfet is fried if its been smoking. 

The link you posted took me a set for a v3 gear box, the arp is a v2 gear box so that product won't work.

If the etu is OK, then the mosfet replacement should be all that's needed, I'd not look at the g&g unit nut instead look for the perun mosfets. They do a plug in upgrade unit that is very good. Etu++ I think it's called.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.