How to reduce travel on an AK style trigger

lukeB

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I'm trying to hpa my CA mp5k but I keep breaking the trigger boards when installing.

After a bit of googling. I think the long trigger travel is breaking the firing switch.  

It only takes half of the available trigger travel to engage the fire switch, at 3/4 travel the fire switch is fully pushed in, any more and it puts pressure on the micro switch and board causing issues.

Anyone know the best way to hard stop the trigger from going back too far? v3 gearbox, mp5k trigger

image.thumb.png.d1cc0bce6e1e634bea143dcd04c9f3e2.png

Edited by lukeB

• Supporters
On 28/08/2022 at 08:45, Speedbird_666 said:

The back of the trigger looks hollow. I would be 3D printing a bump stop and gluing it into the back of the trigger personally, but a chunk of plastic filed to the right shape should also do it.

Yup, that does work.  A chunk of pencil eraser can be used in a pinch, or to quickly work out the size that you'll need.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.