Newish

Paul H

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi,

I'm  not usually on the Internet or forums. This seems like a pretty good place though.

I'm  disabled,  several strokes  and a degenerating  lower spine limits what I can do. I'll lead with that as it does affect day 2 day stuff and airsoft/hobbies which it pretty bloody irritating. 'My airsofting' is pretty limited, I've got a 25m private alleyway  next to the house I use for target practice/plonking and hoping to get over to a facility near me to use their electronic target system to  test my skills and hopefully improve. I'd live to get involved in some skirmishing but it's not happening whilst I can barely walk atm.

I enjoy modifying and working  on 'armoury' and fitting an AB++ into my G36c.  i upgraded its gearbox a while ago which was a steep learning curve but enjoyed it.

Hoping to get some mobility back and get out there at some stage.

So that's about it really, I've always loved shooting. Airsoft is ideal such a range of hardwear and a lot of fun. I've enjoyed lurking in here a while and will jump in if I can help.

Paul

Hi Paul 👋

Well I say 'top marks' for having the drive and the right mental attitude to want to get involved.👍

Over the years I have seen quite a few disabled people who have the drive and determination to get involved and get so much satisfaction from playing.

It seems like you are planning ahead and I hope you get to that facility you mentioned to hone your skills.

Also having a knowledge of teching is a great skill to have and one which may help others near you.

I'm sure you will get out on site and do some games soon because I don't think you will let your disabilities stop you. 😊

Have you got any buddies that are into Airsoft?

Regards 

There is a guy that does Airsoft skirmishes in an electric wheelchair, so I wouldn't think you can't ever skirmish. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.businessinsider.com/simon-jameson-turned-his-wheelchair-into-a-tank-for-airsoft-game-2016-4%3famp

I'm not familiar with the issues you'd face and you'd need a supportive site but seems like it's possible if you really want to. 

There are many elements to the sport though, gun teching, playing, practical shooting target, collecting and being an all round gear nerd 

Best of luck. 

Thank you. Been taking things apart since I was a kid. Eventually  decided it would be a good idea to work out how to put them back together.

I've been tuning and uprating my gbb pistols and finally opened up the v3 gearbox in my Cyma g36c. It was running  well and  its my favourite  long so wanted to put some reliability and long life into it.  Ended up replacing everything inside the g/box through trial and error and actually  enjoyed shimming the gears. Things like air nozzle lengths  meant a lot of learning that just because many airsoft guns are copies/clones of say TM that parts stated will fit or work don't always. Nice to push yourself. The v3 gearbox works and is better than standard on the chrono and quieter. Not cheap but glad I did it in the end and learned an awful lot more than I did know

Mosfet next Ab++ is a work in progress in the G36. Yeah I like teching  and tweaking to get just that bit more out of them.

I mentioned  the disability but only as it prevents some activities but I intend to get involved more and  exercise of any sort vital,  it's like physio and good for mental health/keeping positive. Good to hear others are not letting such a physical sport stop them from getting involved. I plan to get stuck in rather than just stuck.

The guy using his chair as a tank, top man! That's the spirit!

Whilst new to this it's just what I needed and i hope to contribute and eventually  see some members on the battlefield maybe :)

• Head Moderator

Welcome :).

• Supporters

Ahoy and welcome.  The Perun AB++ is a good shout, I have one in my G36C too, soldered to the trigger tabs on the outside of the box.  I'm playing a game of chicken with myself to see how long I can go without opening the gearbox up at all. :D 

On 14/08/2022 at 10:01, Paul H said:

Hi,

I'm  not usually on the Internet or forums. This seems like a pretty good place though.

What a coincidence - 9GAG

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.