Mesh/ Kill flash scope protector sizing

Chris_B

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi, 

I've recently got a clone Elcan spectre for my L85 and the front of the scope has screw threads for various flip up protectors/ mesh kill flashes and wanted to get a mesh protector...

I've measured the inside of the scope threads to be 40mm so ordered one off eBay that was advertised to fit a 40mm scope but when arrived it's too big!

The mesh lens protector threads are 45mm. I have messaged the seller (from China) but it's like talking to a brick wall.

And advice on where to get the right mesh lens/ kill flash protector for this please?

Thanks in advance.

PXL_20220707_201326046.MP.jpg

PXL_20220707_201423515.jpg

Take it your Spectre didn't come with a killflash then ? what brand is it ? mine had a killflash included.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/eatsleepgolf

Got mine from here. Might be worth dropping him a message to se if he has or can get the correct one

No it's an Ares one. Thank you for the link though, I'll try them.

You'd have thought a 40mm killflash would fit a 40mm scope wouldn't you. Those Chinese eBay sellers are useless!

Might be worth putting an ad up in the wanted section, as someone miight have a spare killflash for that scope.

Check Aliexpress for something like that or eBay;

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/292175653594

The sizing for these is proprietary or nominal at best.  Mixing makes is extremely hit and miss.  

• Supporters

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.