Tm cqbr

THE FNG

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all,

I've got a TM ngrs cqbr coming in the post soon. I've never owned an m4 with the front triangle sight. Can this simply be removed or does it have to stay to make up part of the barrel assembley? 

Cheers

It has to stay unfortunately.

You can replace the entire front end or if you like the standard rail system just grab yourself a low profile gas block as a replacement for the front sight post.

4 minutes ago, Wavey_Gravey said:

You can replace the entire front end or if you like the standard rail system just grab yourself a low profile gas block as a replacement for the front sight post.

Thanks for the reply.

Would this be ok? I assume they are all a set size?

Screenshot_20220721-140606_Chrome.jpg

• Supporters
42 minutes ago, THE FNG said:

I assume they are all a set size?

Are you new here?

In all seriousness though, while that's a dangerous assumption to make with ANY airsoft parts, that bit should work but don't be surprised if it doesn't. You could replace the handguard with a free float style one and then you're just looking at whether or not you want a dummy gas block.

2 hours ago, Lozart said:

Are you new here?

In all seriousness though, while that's a dangerous assumption to make with ANY airsoft parts....

Yea I probably should have guessed that. Theres only 1 way to find out i guess

Might have to make some adjustments for it to fit. Good luck with it.

Edited by Sneaky

I've never understood why people buy a TM (supposedly the best guns out there, and expensive to start with) and then spend a fortune 'upgrading' them. Now don't get me wrong I'm all for upgrading guns and love tinkering with mine, but TM's are supposed to be perfect out of the box. Bloke at our local site spent a fortune on a purchase and full upgrade of a TM NGRS and I dont think it ever actually completed a single game without failing in some way. it was always going back to the tech. 

Each to their own though , but tinkering with TM rifles seems to cause all sorts of issues.

Internally its staying as it is. Only changes will be external which shouldn't affect performance 

On 24/07/2022 at 12:36, Nick G said:

I've never understood why people buy a TM (supposedly the best guns out there, and expensive to start with) and then spend a fortune 'upgrading' them. Now don't get me wrong I'm all for upgrading guns and love tinkering with mine, but TM's are supposed to be perfect out of the box. Bloke at our local site spent a fortune on a purchase and full upgrade of a TM NGRS and I dont think it ever actually completed a single game without failing in some way. it was always going back to the tech. 

Each to their own though , but tinkering with TM rifles seems to cause all sorts of issues.

Because they are good, but not perfect. More can be squeezed out of them if you really want to. Do the people who buy them and spend £1000 on upgrades get £1000 of extra benefit - well that's a judgement call only the person can make, is the extra 5 metres, or the 5% improvement on the spread of bbs at 50 metres or the slightly higher fps that makes it a touch easier for the person being hit to feel it worth it? for some people it will be, for some people they'd rather move an extra 5-10 metres. 

NGRS are lovely to work on compared with a standard version 2 gear box (putting them back together is much easier!), the tolerances of TM stuff is very consistent and reliable compared with some other airsoft brands. Some love the recoil, I love the bolt stop, pretty cool features that were exclusive to the NGRS system.

They do have their faults though, mainly lower FPS but that's because they are made for the japanese market, not the west with our higher FPS requirements. Because of this the gears are perfect for the lower fps, but understandably fail when you just wack in a bigger spring. 

I know that when you've spent £100 doing an event, it's your 5th event of the year, each event has an average 6 hour round trip drive, you've just done 2 hours patrolling to do a tasking and get in a contact which you lose and then feel like if you'd had a bit better performance out of your RIF that might have helped change the course of the contact, then I can see the appeal of upgrading and spending big on it.

On 21/07/2022 at 14:02, Wavey_Gravey said:

Sorry to quote/pester you again; 

Does the stock gas tube come away from the gas block? I'm debating wether to try and swap out the cqbr rail for my specna arms mk18 dd rail or go for a replacement low profile gas block which if the gas block comes away from the silver gas line, I could possibly swap out without a complete rail system and outer barrel dissaembley.

Edit for grammar

Edited by THE FNG

• 5 weeks later...

I did it with my specna arms mk18 rail.

It fits well, barrel is slightly off centre to one side but not a huge amount

Going to test fire tomorrow and see how it shoots then possibly tinker with some shimming

20220827_021753.jpg

20220827_021806.jpg

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.