TM NGRS MK18 HELP what mods?

CON10R

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello guys so I got a TM NGRS mk18 few weeks ago love it, I know people say don't mod it until something breaks as they are one of the best out of the box stock.

BUT....

I play outdoors and use .28s but I want to get more range and maybe go up to

.3 or .32 bbs, my fps limit were I live is 328fps (1 Joule).

I have been told just to put a stronger spring in to bring up the fps to the legal limit as the stock barrel and hop rubber is really good but surely that's not going to get me more range over a new tight bore barrel and hop rubber.

But anyway what mods have you done to your TMs and point me in the right direction.

As you’ve rightly said, it’s a divisive subject!

I also run an NGRS MK18 and the only ‘mod’ done to it is I’ve changed the mini tamiya to a deans connector. Yes my fps isn’t that high, but I easily outrange most other AEGs with 0.29’s; and more importantly the shot placement is consistent. 

If you’re dead set on more range I appreciate you’re already using heavier BB’s so the only things to change are internals like you’ve said. A stronger spring may give you a bit more range but it also brings the risk of damaging the internals as they’re simply not designed to handle any more power. 

Not saying it won’t work, but from friends who have upgraded theirs, I’d take it to someone like Daves Custom Airsoft or Camoraids as they are the experts and know what can and can’t be upgraded. 

Just my 10p worth.. I’m sure someone else has had a completely different experience! Happy pewing!

Once you go inside it can snowball out of control, as said the innards are not really deisgned to take more power.

Even a straight spring swap to an M95 will wear the sector gear fast.

https://sixgunsmithing.com/2018/03/19/why-upgrade-your-tm-gears/

You will only realise big gains in range and accuracy by doing a lot internally, and as most will say - unless its done right it will have a short lifespan comparatively.

I would look to fit the longest Prometheus 6.03 barrel in (275-300mm i think) this will give a little FPS boost.

A G&G green, or prommy purple (more grip/backspin/hop with less pressure) coupled with an SCS or Super Nub (centres BB in hop chamber consistently) will improve range and accuracy slightly.

You need to know what you are doing. More importantly is to keep the TM magic in your NGRS! 

Be like a wizard and keep that magic alive!

On 15/07/2022 at 22:28, CON10R said:

Hello guys so I got a TM NGRS mk18 few weeks ago love it, I know people say don't mod it until something breaks as they are one of the best out of the box stock.

BUT....

I play outdoors and use .28s but I want to get more range and maybe go up to

.3 or .32 bbs, my fps limit were I live is 328fps (1 Joule).

I have been told just to put a stronger spring in to bring up the fps to the legal limit as the stock barrel and hop rubber is really good but surely that's not going to get me more range over a new tight bore barrel and hop rubber.

But anyway what mods have you done to your TMs and point me in the right direction.

have you actually gone on a measured range to see how far you are hitting? My TM 416 can do 50m consistently on 0.28s and can get 65m with a bit of a lob shot. with out dumping serious money and going to DMR power levels you really aren't going to get much better than that. the Whole point of the TMs is that they do what they are designed to do consistently and reliably. accept it's limits and enjoy it or pay a tech to build for you and say good by to another 5/600 quid and you'll have a gun that shoots maybe 10m further and runs the risk of shitting its self at any point. 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.