Accuracy, or lack of

LazzurusMan

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Sigs all back together, fired, got 275 on .28s, but I can't get the rounds to go straight. They're flying all over the place, even with a maple leaf bucking and omega nub. Anyone got any ideas what it could be?

13 minutes ago, LazzurusMan said:

Sigs all back together, fired, got 275 on .28s, but I can't get the rounds to go straight. They're flying all over the place, even with a maple leaf bucking and omega nub. Anyone got any ideas what it could be?

Is barrell clean? Is it centralised so that the nub is perfectly aligned?

When you say all over the place do you mean up,down left or right and by how much?

21 minutes ago, Shamal said:

Is barrell clean? Is it centralised so that the nub is perfectly aligned?

When you say all over the place do you mean up,down left or right and by how much?

Up, down, left and right. 

Barrel should be central, and it's teflon taped so it doesn't move.

I've not checked the barrel to see if it's perfectly clean and can't take it out to check where I'm testing it atm.

6 minutes ago, LazzurusMan said:

Up, down, left and right. 

Barrel should be central, and it's teflon taped so it doesn't move.

I've not checked the barrel to see if it's perfectly clean and can't take it out to check where I'm testing it atm.

Ok gotcha.👍

Silly question but I guess it needs to be asked just to eliminate. Are bbs all the same weight?

Only ask because I have couple of mixed weight bottles that I use for grenades but have filled mags with them which causes problems. Lol 

Just now, Shamal said:

Ok gotcha.👍

Silly question but I guess it needs to be asked just to eliminate. Are bbs all the same weight?

Only ask because I have couple of mixed weight bottles that I use for grenades but have filled mags with them which causes problems. Lol 

Nope, they absolutely are not.

They vary more or less from 0.12g up to about .46g

1 hour ago, Shamal said:

Ok gotcha.👍

All .28.

I just added some tape to stop barrel wobble, and semi auto accuracy is a little better, some shots still seem to go left and right though. It could be the barrel, I'll probably pickup a new tighter bore barrel once I've measured the length, though it is I think already a 6.03 tightbore.

Are the BBs hitting the flash hider / suppressor / other accessory? Maybe check the hop rubber, nub and chamber are all aligned, tight and clean of any grease. 

What brand of BBs are you using and were they accurate before the recent work?

1 hour ago, SSPKali said:

Are the BBs hitting the flash hider / suppressor / other accessory? Maybe check the hop rubber, nub and chamber are all aligned, tight and clean of any grease. 

What brand of BBs are you using and were they accurate before the recent work?

Could possibly have been hitting the flash hider, but that would still mean they're not going straight as they leave the barrel.

Hop etc was all straight when I took it out/apart, and running a cleaning rod through it came out clean. I was using g&g .28 bbs that a friend bought with his brand new TM ngrs sopmod, which fired fine from his which was way more accurate stock.

I've attached a picture I got down the barrel with the hop pushed down, is that the right sort of shape for a maple leaf macron with omega nub?

IMG20220710073348.jpg

really tricky to tell from the photo but it does look a little off to one side....but that could just be because taking a pic like that is so tricky! G&G ammo should give good results so you can rule that out (although experimenting with different ammo in the future might be a good idea....lets sort this issue first!)

I would give it a go with the flash hider completely removed just to rule out the outer barrel bore and the flash hider threads being cut at an angle to each other! Stranger things have happened with "Airsoft tolerances" ;)

Also "tight bore barrel =/= accuracy" as TM use 6.08mm dia and get really good results as the air gives a nice cushion around the BB stopping it pin-balling down the barrel. It isn't an air rifle pellet / rifle bullet so no engagement with the rifling needed :)

Edited by SSPKali

1 hour ago, SSPKali said:

really tricky to tell from the photo but it does look a little off to one side....but that could just be because taking a pic like that is so tricky! G&G ammo should give good results so you can rule that out (although experimenting with different ammo in the future might be a good idea....lets sort this issue first!)

I would give it a go with the flash hider completely removed just to rule out the outer barrel bore and the flash hider threads being cut at an angle to each other! Stranger things have happened with "Airsoft tolerances" ;)

Also "tight bore barrel =/= accuracy" as TM use 6.08mm dia and get really good results as the air gives a nice cushion around the BB stopping it pin-balling down the barrel. It isn't an air rifle pellet / rifle bullet so no engagement with the rifling needed :)

Unfortunately I can't get the flash hider off. Don't know if it's just seized or if it's part of the outer barrel.

Tbh, I've spent so long and so much trying to sort this bloody Sig out, and I've lost one of the fire selectors (stupid crappy screws!) That I'm tempted to use some of the upgraded bits and just upgrade/fix my Ares mutant. I'll sit and think on it for now, if I can find a fire selectors or two I'll probably keep sinking money into this bottomless pit 🤣

What barrel and model ML bucking are you using?

Check that your hop window is suitable for the bucking, as some can be too small to work properly, and post up a photo if you can.

Edited by Hudson

Macron, and whatever this barrel is. Think it's a lonex 6.03? I changed it years ago, but I can't remember what I bought.

IMG20220710182603.jpg

IMG20220710182554.jpg

Just had a quick check, and it looks like the hop window is too small 😭

I can't see the whole contact patch coming through, so that's probably what's causing the inaccuracy.

This is what the hop looks like if I replace the macron with a guarder flat hopped bucking. Seems to be a much more consistent looking contact. Sucks cause the bucking wasn't exactly cheap 🤣🤣

IMG20220710184023.jpg

Yes that looks better 👍

I'll give it a go with the flat hop first, also need to try and fix an issue with fire selector, like to go into full auto when it "should" be on semi. Wouldn't be a problem if it wasn't emptying a mag in about 5 seconds XD

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.