Trying to find medium shaft motors...

LazzurusMan

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

...is like trying to find a ceramic needle in a stack of wet hay.

I've found the one I would idealy like in firesupport, Infinity 30k medium shaft, but it's nearly £70.

Does anyone know of any other medium shaft motors, or how I could use a long or short shaft motor instead?

• Supporters

Get a pinion puller, pull the gear off a long shaft and cut it down. 

• Supporters

you've got to be kidding me.....

topic a while back on medium shaft motors (maybe yourself @LazzurusMan?):

me thinking "hmm, i have a medium length lonex somewhere that got mis-delivered from gunfire and i cba'd sending it back", looked for it, couldn't find it, figure it got yeeted

me 2 weeks ago "i have too much shit, gotta clear out", in the process find said lonex, can't find thread, motor gets yeeted

me now "FUUUUUUU......."

edit, for the sake of being constructive, whilst the infinity motors are damn good as brushed motors go, at £70 i'd probably prefer getting a long shaft warhead base and going with @Lozart's suggestion.

3 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

you've got to be kidding me.....

topic a while back on medium shaft motors (maybe yourself @LazzurusMan?):

me thinking "hmm, i have a medium length lonex somewhere that got mis-delivered from gunfire and i cba'd sending it back", looked for it, couldn't find it, figure it got yeeted

me 2 weeks ago "i have too much shit, gotta clear out", in the process find said lonex, can't find thread, motor gets yeeted

me now "FUUUUUUU......."

Probably was me, I'm STILL trying to get my KA Sig556 sorted, all I need now is a new motor and some wioring and it SHOULD (fingers crossed, wood touched, horseshoe in hand) be skirmishable.

8 minutes ago, Lozart said:

Get a pinion puller, pull the gear off a long shaft and cut it down. 

I have no idea what that is, and it sounds risky cuting the shaft down on a perfectly good motor. I'll keep it in mind as a backup idea though if I can't find anything cheaper that'll do the same as the infinity 30k

• Supporters
2 minutes ago, LazzurusMan said:

Probably was me, I'm STILL trying to get my KA Sig556 sorted, all I need now is a new motor and some wioring and it SHOULD (fingers crossed, wood touched, horseshoe in hand) be skirmishable.

you are not going to believe this....

apparently the lonex didn't get yeeted......

pm incoming

It was me asking for medium length motors before, for my JG SG552 (or whatever designation they give it)

I managed to get one for £6 off eBay, which worked fine outside the gun but died when I installed it.  I maybe pinched a wire and shorted it, not sure. Damn it!

The next best I found was for £35, also on eBay.

Action Hobbies have a couple of different ICS motors for £40 in stock today

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.