Swiss Army Tactical Vests/Chest Rigs for use with M83 Alpenflage.

Asomodai

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello all. 

I have finally managed to get a set of Swiss M83 Alpenflage in my size. However I have no idea what Chest Rigs/Tactical Vests they used! The M70 Alpenflage had load carrying pockets that you held the mags in. However M83 had no such ability. 

Anyone have a deep insight into what sort of rigs they used for M83? Searching for Swiss Army Tactical Vests just come up with "Swiss Arms" Tactical vest, the cheap rebadging equipment manufacturer.

Cheers!

R

Edited by Asomodai

• Asomodai changed the title to Swiss Army Tactical Vests/Chest Rigs for use with M83 Alpenflage.
  • Supporters
3 hours ago, Asomodai said:

Hello all. 

I have finally managed to get a set of Swiss M83 Alpenflage in my size. However I have no idea what Chest Rigs/Tactical Vests they used! The M70 Alpenflage had load carrying pockets that you held the mags in. However M83 had no such ability. 

Anyone have a deep insight into what sort of rigs they used for M83? Searching for Swiss Army Tactical Vests just come up with "Swiss Arms" Tactical vest, the cheap rebadging equipment manufacturer.

Cheers!

R

This came up when I googled "Swiss Army Load Bearing" 

from everything I can find, the M83 field jacket has built in load bearing to negate the need for a chest rig, belt kit seems to be used in some pics, otherwise it's the alpenflage backpack and the jacket pockets.

847915IMGP0001.thumb.jpg.015f09dd3e7c0d25c439ba05de116afa.jpg

• Supporters

Done a bit of digging and from what I can work out is that with all the types of Alpenflage it was always just the jacket and a small pack no webbing(only a small number of the full time soldiers used German webbing as all others where doing their national service) as such up until they moved on to the M90 uniform pattern when they first fully fielded a load carrying webbing system . 

65BDCEB4-73CA-4C65-95CA-9DAE74D86E4E.jpeg

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.