help me choose a charger

datboi

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

so i just spend hours looking at all the SKYRC chargers, why do they make so many? most of them are extremely similar to each other.

i'm looking for a charger with a lot of functions if not more like the B6 i have. i don't charge battery pack's most of the time keep in mind.

i charge lipo's liion's nimh and pb. 

out of all of their range, i recon the e680, s65 , and T100 are the best

the t-100 is definitely appealing to me as it has 2 charging ports,  of those is pretty similar. what do you guys recommend between those 3?

is it just me or mostly they have the same functions, and the biggest difference is the charging power?

i'm also looking for this charger to last me a long time. not looking to buy a new one anytime soon

I have and use the s65 quite regularly, it's a solid charger and works well.

As far as putting it up against rhe others, I'd consider the t100 but it's effectively 2 smaller chargers stuck together so work put what batteries you want to charge and what those demands are then see what you need.

Personally I'd go with the s65 as I have some larger packs and the extra power is used and its easy to bung it in a bag if traveling to play.

i just realized the s65 and t100 can't charge single batteries.

seems like the only series ones that can charge single cells are the b6 series and the e680, which is better?

can someone tell me the difference between the e680, b6 v2, b6 evo, and b6 v2 AC (i'm guessing it's equal to the b6 v2 only it's a/c?)

Edited by datboi

They can't charge single cell lipos, but I havent seen an airsoft gun thst runs on anything less than a 7.4 (2 cell) lipo

I have the T100 and it is a cracking piece of kit.  The ability to charge two batteries on charger is useful.

Why would you want to charge a single cell battery?

You can charge single cell batteries with the s65, I do it.

If you have a particular issue, if you explain we might be able tonoffer a solution, or point you in particular direction.

4 minutes ago, concretesnail said:

If you have a particular issue, if you explain we might be able tonoffer a solution, or point you in particular direction.

What do you use those for? 

Ah cool. I have looked at the s65 before and it does sort of state it doesn't charge 1 cell lipos as it doesn't list them under the lipos it states it does charge.  So good to know it will charge them

2 hours ago, concretesnail said:

how is that possible? the website specifically say's it can only charge 2 cells + at a time

right now my issue is i guess deciding between the b6 evo, b6 v2 and e680.... i'm almost sold on the e680

2 hours ago, MagpieTactical said:

Ah cool. I have looked at the s65 before and it does sort of state it doesn't charge 1 cell lipos as it doesn't list them under the lipos it states it does charge.  So good to know it will charge them

i even watched a youtube video of a guy showcasing the functions of the charger, and it doesn't seem possible to select less than 2 cells (7.4v)

@concretesnail have you perhaps modded the firmware?

There's two ways to do single cell batteries, assuming they haven't changed the firm recently.

First is to charge multiple single cell batteries in series using a balanced loom, which the charger reads as a singular multi cell battery.

And the other is to take the charger through the manual mode where you set final voltages and current delivery. 

Obviously the basic operation of the charger pushes away from full manual control as people could easily cause lipo fires if they don't know what they are doing.

13 hours ago, datboi said:

i'm almost sold on the e680

I have two of the older 50watt versions of those (rebranded as Core RC) for my charging setup. They work fine. The balance logic is old on mine, making charging longer, but I doubt that will be the case with the newer e680.

Don't forget that IDST make excellent chargers too. The Q6 Nano (assuming you have a DC power source) can be had for £25 - 200W, 1-6S LiPos, colour LCD screen.

I'm thinking of upgrading my setup to the IDST K1 which is another dual-channel charger option. 

I normally suggest the SkyRC S65 based on the fact they are simple to use, relatively cheap and they better than the usual (overpriced) rebranded Nuprol crap that gets peddled by Airsoft Vendors. 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.