Cyma/TM P90 Hi-Caps?

Floperator

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Recently bought a Cyma P90, and have the stock low cap and a 'mid cap' that holds about 10 more BBs than the low cap 🙄. I also have the Stanag adaptor but this turned into a bit of a nightmare on sundays skirmish and I'm not sure I trust it anymore. I had a fools dream of not having to buy loads of extra mags for my backup gun but that's now out of the window...

So what I'm looking for is a good Hi Cap magazine for it. Lows and mids are no good really seeing how quickly it burns through BBs.

Trouble is I keep reading that P90 Hi Caps are useless/shite, but not really seen any reasons given.

Is there a decent, reliable hi-cap available for the Cyma/TM P90? Makes to buy, makes to avoid, any way to mitigate whatever faults they may have?

I've got two hi-caps by different makes and neither work properly.  At some point the spring just unwinds completely with a whizing sound.  There has to be a lot of tension on the spring to feed all the BBs and the mechanism design just isn't strong enough to hold it.  As you know, its not possible to wind as you play.

I have more success with the STANAG adaptor but I use short (20rnd) Vietnam hi cap mag which is much more compact.  Using the wheel on that as I play works fine.  You do have to roll the gun left and right a bit to get the BBs to feed into the side mag.

Edited by EDcase

3 hours ago, Floperator said:

Recently bought a Cyma P90, and have the stock low cap and a 'mid cap' that holds about 10 more BBs than the low cap 🙄. I also have the Stanag adaptor but this turned into a bit of a nightmare on sundays skirmish and I'm not sure I trust it anymore. I had a fools dream of not having to buy loads of extra mags for my backup gun but that's now out of the window...

So what I'm looking for is a good Hi Cap magazine for it. Lows and mids are no good really seeing how quickly it burns through BBs.

Trouble is I keep reading that P90 Hi Caps are useless/shite, but not really seen any reasons given.

Is there a decent, reliable hi-cap available for the Cyma/TM P90? Makes to buy, makes to avoid, any way to mitigate whatever faults they may have?

The high cap mechanism is clever and complicated and prone to jamming. Best compromise is MAG 170rd mid caps 

Thanks guys.

Yeah, so putting the winder underneath the P90 hicap mag was a...special decision.

I might try the short 'nam mags first as an extra stanag is always useful.

Would I be best served with one of these: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/384340383136?hash=item597c78d5a0:g:PWgAAOSwWNJiOgM2

or this? https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/294644524301?hash=item449a2ea50d:g:NgsAAOSwYTtiHkfy

And then if that really doesn't work out then I'll bite the bullet and grab a couple of MAG 170 rd midcaps.

Edcase, when you say to roll it from side to side do you mean in order to get bbs from the top hopper into the stanag?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Supporters

Yup ALL P90 hi-caps are about as impressive as a beer fart in a hurricane ! 🤦‍♂️
Agree with everyone saying get the MAG 170rd’ers , defo best option 👍

PS as to the STANAG adapter ? Most players I know who run P90’s wouldn’t pee on you if you where engulfed in flames those things are that hated ! 😉

1 hour ago, Druid799 said:

Yup ALL P90 hi-caps are about as impressive as a beer fart in a hurricane ! 🤦‍♂️
Agree with everyone saying get the MAG 170rd’ers , defo best option 👍

PS as to the STANAG adapter ? Most players I know who run P90’s wouldn’t pee on you if you where engulfed in flames those things are that hated ! 😉

Yeah yeah, I get it. Just wanted to avoid getting yet another bundle of mags for yet another gun if I could help it. 

I have about 30-40 airguns and maybe a dozen airsoft guns. The cost of accessorising them all can march on a bit, especially with airsoft where you need all the ancillary stuff- Sights, silencers, holsters, slings, mags and mag pouches, it all adds up.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.