Hello, just getting started

Floperator

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello all. I'm new to skirmishing but have had airguns and airsoft guns for years, sometimes shoot clays and centrefire. I occasionally do IPSC practical pistol with my TM Hi Capa.

Had my first Skirmish in August 2020 at (I think?) RIFT and had an absolutely immense amount of fun.

Finally getting to my 2nd, long overdue skirmish this weekend at Airsoft Plantation and looking forward to ending up a fat sweating wheezy mess by the end of it.

Will be taking my Lancer Gen2 M4, WE Galaxy G, and Cyma P90 (which is kinda shite I know but there as backup). Still fiddling with kit setup but I get the impression this will never really stop...

Looking forward to talking with you all and picking your brains over all kinds of technical stuff - I'm used to working on airguns but gearboxes, MOSFETS etc. is all new to me.

Peace

Floperator

• Supporters

Ahoy and welcome.  Yes, it's a blast. Don't eat the BBs, even the tasty looking yellow 0.12g.

Nothing wrong with any of those choices, and CYMAs are fine.  They used to be regarded as cheap tat until folk realised that they're cheap because they make so many of them, not because they don't know what they're doing.  You can pay a lot more for worse internals.

How are you doing for batteries?  The CYMA comes with a nimh, but I wouldn't invest any more money in that technology, either in batteries or chargers.  Lithium based is the way to go now, either lipo, or li-ion, and we like the SkyRC S65 chargers.

So the yellow ones aren't lemon flavoured, as I've been led to believe? 🤔

Running stock batteries at the moment, I did buy a spare nunchuk for the Lancer when I bought it and only have the chargers that came with the guns.

I'll definitely look into LiPo when the batteries start acting up, which might not be that long because apparently I've been doing everything wrong!

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.