pistol

mickyboy

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi looking to invest in a non blowback pistol, this will be my first, so I'm looking to you guys for some advice as to what's out there, I have c02 pistols, but now I fancy the green gas type, looking forward to your response mick

3 minutes ago, heroshark said:

Mk23 is pretty much the best nbb system out there. Most others are relics or just crap.

Didn't you make a video on the TM LCP? How are you getting on with it? At all usable in a real skirmish?

Let's face it, most of us - especially woodland skirmishers, use a sidearm far less than we expect to.

12 minutes ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

Didn't you make a video on the TM LCP? How are you getting on with it? At all usable in a real skirmish?

Let's face it, most of us - especially woodland skirmishers, use a sidearm far less than we expect to.

Aye it's good. Prefer the ergonomics of the bodyguard. Always carry the BG but still not actually use it in a game. End of the day it's small and has one of the nicer nbb da only triggers but when you have more useful things on you don't tend to use it. I should make a concerted effort to duel my Ruger and BG one day. The mk23 is my main gun along side one or two TM gbbs. Mk for range/accurate shots and the gbb for closer intense stuff.

Edited by heroshark

2 hours ago, mickyboy said:

Hi looking to invest in a non blowback pistol, this will be my first, so I'm looking to you guys for some advice as to what's out there, I have c02 pistols, but now I fancy the green gas type, looking forward to your response mick

Why particularly non-blowback?  Presumably for more POWER...

As our strange looking @heroshark stated, the MK23 (several makes) is generally regarded the standard.

Keep in mind its very large with the suppressor and a blowback is arguably more fun.

Yes, the power is higher than most blowbacks but the AAP01 is a good contender and range/accuracy doesn't just depend on power.

Also as @Cr0-Magnon said, you don't actually use them that much really.

I like the idea of a non blowback as I won't be using it in the field, but just as a garden plinker .

Just been taking a look at the AAP01 wow love it, where can I buy this.

22 minutes ago, mickyboy said:

I like the idea of a non blowback as I won't be using it in the field, but just as a garden plinker .

What sort of range? The aap is blowback btw. If you are not shooting far something like the HFC USP nbb is perfectly usable and cheap.

Edited by heroshark

I have a couple of acres to shot on, no problems there, my head was thinking nbb, but after looking at the AAP01 and the fact there's plenty off add-ons I'm well tempted I dare say everywhere is out of stock plus it would have to be two-tone.

15 hours ago, mickyboy said:

If you are just going to be target shooting you may want to look at air pistols rather than Airsoft. There are lots of air pistols which are basically the same as the Airsoft version just in 4.5mm rather than 6mm.

12 minutes ago, BigStew said:

If you are just going to be target shooting you may want to look at air pistols rather than Airsoft. There are lots of air pistols which are basically the same as the Airsoft version just in 4.5mm rather than 6mm.

Of course the lead pellets are more dangerous than BB's (gotta have a good backstop) but the barrel is rifled so they're much more accurate, and I don't think the same laws apply to airguns, you might not need a two tone version? (Best to check up on that)

Visit this YT channel for reviews of all sorts of air guns ..

https://youtube.com/c/AAROnair

I have a couple of acres to shot on, no problems there, my head was thinking nbb, but after looking at the AAP01 and the fact there's plenty off add-ons I'm well tempted I dare say everywhere is out of stock plus it would have to be two-tone.

10 minutes ago, mickyboy said:

Nope, you're in luck...

https://www.airsoftdb.com/search/?q=aap-01&s=t&r=uk

edit: ah, sorry, in luck for normal versions... 2 tone might be trickier.   Anyway, have a poke around...

Edited by RostokMcSpoons

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.