TM416D Stock Buffer Tube Loose

Cjs

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi, my TM416D buffer tube is loose and twists, I haven’t even brought it to a game yet. What is the best way to fix this? Is this normal? 

Edited by Jedi_Master
No all CAPS titles

• Supporters

That tool is an AR buffer tube wrench, also called an AR wrench on the other side of the pond if youre looking for one.

• Jedi_Master changed the title to TM416D Stock Buffer Tube Loose

I would advise any ngrs owner to have an AR wrench. The recoil/wobble causes stuff to get loose surprisingly fast. They can generally tighten the barrel nut as well (which on recoils needs doing occasionally).

For the castle nut, it's needs tightening but I'd also recommend some threadlock (can't remember if it's blue or red). 

I'd also recommend checking other screws and pins periodically as well, at least after every game day for the first 3-5 game days you do, mag catch, the ones in the stock tube, the pins in the lower receiver. Just a standard side effect of the recoil. 

It's the blue threadlock. The red is permanent!

I used the blue on the buffer tube of my GBB M4A1. Not has a problem since. 

Edit: just looked on the Henkel website, and they recommend the purple loctite for low strength metals like aluminium and brass (and presumably pot metal too).

Edited by Diemaco
Additional information

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.