Prometheus purple bucking no air seal on sa-07 edge qny suggestions on what would fit

steverebo

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So I have purchases a Prometheus purple hop rubber.

Amd it does jot have a good air seal so my fps drops and is inconsistent 

Any suggestions on one that fits the specna arms sa-07 edge

Edited by steverebo
All went wrong

• Supporters

inb4 all the "never use silicone on a hop rubber" posts.

it should just be good to go, just be sure when you have the barrel and hop unit re-assembled to check that everything is nice and centred and the adjustment is working fine, you may need to "twiddle" a bit to get it all sitting nice.

Search for Negative Airsoft’s video,  I think it’s titled something like “Taking Your HOP For A Drink”

He installed HOP rubbers using both Silicon lube & Alcohol 

Lube on your HOP rubber if it gets to the inside of it kinda defeats its purpose as it is supposed to “grab” the bb to generate backspin.

A wet one won’t do it anywhere near as well, alcohol evaporates 

Rubber on to barrel dry and gentle, then a wipe of silicon lube on the outer, away from the lip, to ease it all into the hop unit.

I found it helps if units are a little tight, and stops the rubber from being distorted or torn.

• steverebo changed the title to Prometheus purple bucking no air seal on sa-07 edge qny suggestions on what would fit
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.