TM MP7 GBB

Thedadoodle

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So no shit, its freezing. This is my first GBB and I hear a lot about them not working in the cold, work only with black and red gas etc. Is this really the case?

No GBB works well sub 10 degrees it switch to AEG weather. TMs are not designed to run on higher powered gas they will but you run a greater risk of major failure and just prematurely wearing out parts. 

40 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

Depends upon the gun how badly they are affected, but you canna change the laws of physics laddie

That sounds like scotty on the starship enterprise. 😆

I have a TM MP7 and MWS. Wouldn't risk anything stronger than green gas myself, but others may and will say different. 

Give it a go in the cold and if it works, brilliant. If not, have an AEG as back-up. In fact, always have an AEG as back up if you mainly run gas systems! 

Guest DrAlexanderTobacco
On 03/12/2021 at 11:50, Thedadoodle said:

So no shit, its freezing. This is my first GBB and I hear a lot about them not working in the cold, work only with black and red gas etc. Is this really the case?

Vorsk's "V12" gas (~220 PSI at room temp) gets me a good 10 or so shots with my MP7 on semi before I start to risk premature venting or significant slowdown - Although one problem with the cold weather is the mags don't really heat up once you've stopped firing either.

So, with that in mind I got some results from a training/piss about session a couple of weeks ago by keeping one mag in the gun, one in pockets, switching between them to enable my thigh to warm up one of them at all times - worked pretty well!

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.