HPA Tank Backpack

mogaly674

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi, 

Just purchased my first HPA rifle and having used it for the first time in a game have found that my mini map back panel isn't quite cutting it as the regulator is exposed and the zips come apart when im moving around.

So I am after advice as to what back panels/ backpacks do other users find suitable for putting the tank in. 

For reference I'm running the 48ci tank with a Wolverine MTW. 

Additionally would I benefit from changing my tank set up to the 13ci tank either a dual or single tank set up. 

Thanks

Mo

Edited by mogaly674
Spellings

I run my MTW with plate carrier and big hydration pouch on the back for the 48 tank, but also have the fake foam plates front and back, also a small 1KG plate at the front for counter balance.

I want to separate backpack and smaller chest rig for the really hot days

The backup I have now that not pictured is this and it has a nice hard layer so you don't feel the tank at all.

https://www.military1st.co.uk/pl-edc-cd-45-helikon-edc-pack-backpack-pencott-wildwood.html

IMG_20211025_161426239.jpg

Edited by GothicGhost

21 minutes ago, mogaly674 said:

Additionally would I benefit from changing my tank set up to the 13ci tank either a dual or single tank set up. 

In short, no. 13ci is great for guns that don't shoot many shots, like HPA DMRs or sniper rifles. I run a 10ci tank (it's so tiny, I love it) in a stock pouch for both of my HPA builds, but one is a bolt action sniper rifle and the other is a semi-auto sniper rifle (at 1.1J because something-something-DMR-power-and-MED-sucks), so I'm not taking enough shots to burn through that much air. I found my 10ci tank does around 450 - 500 shots through my m21 and that does me fine.

However, if you're running an MTW and will be playing it normally, you will run out of air if you move to a 13ci tank faster than you realise, especially if you ever use the fun-switch. if I do run my 48ci tank (larger and longer games than your typical skirmish or filmsim day), I put mine in a Warrior Assault Systems backpack, the absolutely tiny cargo pack:

https://www.uktactical.com/p-8706-warrior-cargo-pack-olive-drab.aspx

Fits it, plus any other supplies I need for the day like water bottles, BBs, gas etc. I put the tank in the internal hydration bladder section and run the line out and through the strap to keep it tight to me. I don't run a plate carrier (because crawling around like a sneaky sniper while wearing a plate carrier is uncomfortable!), so I run the cargo pack as a stand-alone backpack (it comes with the straps to do so), but it could just as easily be attached to the back of a plate carrier.

Backpack options are quite bulky, and they can have the cylinder bouncing around if you don’t fill the pack or secure the cylinder 

It’s personal preference whether you like to carry your gear in a backpack 

An alternative is a cylinder specific pouch, and they are available in various colour schemes and vertical or horizontal MOLLE systems 

Have a Google search for ‘HPA pouch’ and you will find lots of them from airsoft and paintball retailers 

• Supporters

These are worth a look https://www.wtfidea.com/air-tank-pouches/

In case you don't know them, WTF grew out of the paintball world into general tactical gear via airsoft so they know what they're doing. It's good gear, shipping from the US is pretty quick and not too expensive. Tactical Kit stock some of the more tacticool pieces they do but not the paintball/airsoft stuff.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.