G&G DMR Build Concept Art

LzChase

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

It ain't too interesting but I thought I'd share it anyways. This is the concept art for an upcoming build. The paints planned for use are all FOSCO Brand; Desert RAL 1019, Coyote Brown, Brittish Service Brown and Dark Brown.

1212313321321321213.png

Edited by LzChase

• Supporters

Might be worth having a watch of this before you go headlong into your DMR build 

47 minutes ago, Lozart said:

Might be worth having a watch of this before you go headlong into your DMR build 

Fair, I've actually seen this, but I don't think anyone else makes the E2 variant - And besides, I've already ordered the base gun by now. I don't really mind replacing parts, the things that matter to me are that the gearbox can be shimmed and that the trigger response is decent. I might ask a friend to put a custom V3 Gearbox in it eventually (because if i try to do that myself something is going to go wrong very quickly as I have never worked with AEGs and don't want to attempt the really complicated stuff)

• Supporters
1 hour ago, LzChase said:

Fair, I've actually seen this, but I don't think anyone else makes the E2 variant - And besides, I've already ordered the base gun by now. I don't really mind replacing parts, the things that matter to me are that the gearbox can be shimmed and that the trigger response is decent. I might ask a friend to put a custom V3 Gearbox in it eventually (because if i try to do that myself something is going to go wrong very quickly as I have never worked with AEGs and don't want to attempt the really complicated stuff)

V3 won't fit in there.

3 hours ago, Lozart said:

V3 won't fit in there.

Huh. Fair enough

• Supporters
12 minutes ago, LzChase said:

Huh. Fair enough

You need to bear in mind that the gearbox positions the hop unit in the right place to mate with the magazine. That gun is designed to work with the style of gearbox it cane with. Be that either a v2.5 (like all the other SR25s on the market) or a standard v2 with a proprietary hop unit and ridiculously long nozzle (like the G&G).

Ares make an e2 M110 by the way. Except it's ludicrously expensive and, well...it's an Ares. 

You could build that mockup you've drawn out of a g&g 308. It uses a v2 gearbox so it's really easy to work with and the extra length of the receiver is delt with by using a longer length of outer barrel inside the upper.

Edited by concretesnail
my crap typing

• Supporters

12 hours ago, concretesnail said:

You could build that mockup you've drawn out of a g&g 308. It uses a v2 gearbox so it's really easy to work with and the extra length of the receiver is delt with by using a longer length of outer barrel inside the upper.

20 hours ago, LzChase said:

And besides, I've already ordered the base gun by now.

• Supporters
16 hours ago, Oneshotscott said:

The g&g knights armament sr25 has the beefier gearbox (g2). 

Might be worth sending the std sr back and getting one of those instead. 

If you plan to rip it apart and spend a lot on the internals... Get either but I'd go for the stronger gearbox version for dmr

That's what he's already got. It still uses a standard length cylinder instead of the elongated one in pretty much everyone elses SR25 models.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.