Help on Goggles??????

Llamudos

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Need help please:

Could someone help me verify if a Pair of Anon m2 Ski goggles would provide enough protection for Airsoft?

I use a pair of Valken Tango Thermal airsoft goggles (at present) but have some expensive high quality anon m2 goggles that state they have a safety rating of  ANSI z87.1 and higher so wondered if they would work. They have magnetic quick swap out lenses but wondered if they would be a risk to wear?

I guess i could fire at them to see if the lense holds up at 10m 5m 2m but thought it would be worth asking first.

Any help would be appreciated.

Or should i just stick with the Ballistic Valkens?

1 hour ago, Llamudos said:

Need help please:

Could someone help me verify if a Pair of Anon m2 Ski goggles would provide enough protection for Airsoft?

I use a pair of Valken Tango Thermal airsoft goggles (at present) but have some expensive high quality anon m2 goggles that state they have a safety rating of  ANSI z87.1 and higher so wondered if they would work. They have magnetic quick swap out lenses but wondered if they would be a risk to wear?

I guess i could fire at them to see if the lense holds up at 10m 5m 2m but thought it would be worth asking first.

The lenses are held on by magnets

This is an absolute no for impact protection 

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Llamudos said:

Need help please:

Me personally as there not actually intended as high impact speed protection goggles i wouldn’t take them anywhere near an Airsoft site no matter how expensive or how good their supposed to be . 
im VERY cagey about cross tasking safety equipment from one sport to another .

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Llamudos said:

Searches for Z87 seem reeeeally keen on selling me the spec, but from what I can determine, claimed impact protection for Z87, Z87.1 or Z871+ is actually pretty decent.

That's claimed, of course.  If you want to know if they'll protect your eyes, the only way to tell is to light them up from point blank range with the hottest gun and the heaviest BBs that you have.

That applies to any sort of eye protection used for airsoft.  Plenty of folk play with basic-bitch ballistic glasses that cannot be rated higher than EN166-F (insufficient for airsoft) which they just assume are good enough.  And for most impacts, under most circumstances, they are.

• 2 weeks later...

Many thanks everyone. I think i will stick with the Valken and leave the anon m2 googles for skiing as recommended.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.