New player

Vitalij

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello my name is Vitalij, based in London. I'm new to airsoft, and trying to learn all about the spot, because I'm loving it. I'm one of those people who go to the game to have fun, entertain myself and others. I move a lot around the game area, and need a suitable gun for my style of play. 

I would like to get some advice from other. Planning to buy my first AEG and i really like G&G PDW15-CQB Honey Badger. Would it be suitable for outdoor skirmishes, or will i be restricted by maybe range or accuracy because it's ment for CQB

Hi and welcome

Yep, that will be fine for outdoor and indoor games. (Bit pricy in my opinion)

Size doesn't really have as much effect on range unlike real weapons.  Of course a longer rifle can shoot further but not always the case as there are many factors involved apart from barrel length.

Do lots reading on the forum because most of these things have been discussed.

• Supporters

Agreed, that's fine for CQB or woodland.  I'd even go a little shorter if you intend to use it indoors a lot.

I'd also agree that I can't see what justifies that price, in a world where (e.g.) Specna Arms Edge 2.0 and CYMA Platinums exist.  I'm not knocking the brand, I had a quick play with ex-workmate Eddy's plastic G&G CM16 yesterday and was reminded how nicely it felt and shot.  But again, that just illustrates that you don't need to drop twice that money on something that will perform much the same.

But it's airsoft, and the heart wants what it wants. If that's the gun for you, then it's the right gun for you.

18 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

I had a quick play with ex-workmate Eddy's plastic G&G CM16 yesterday and was reminded how nicely it felt and shot.  But again, that just illustrates that you don't need to drop twice that money on something that will perform much the same.

Yes, there's plastic, and then there's plastic these days... when I was buying my TM AK47S (back when they were still excitingly new) plastic guns = creaky and wobbly.
With modern polymers they can feel rock-solid and really rather premium.  I remember grabbing an Ares Honey Badger in a shop when they first came out, and I absolutely couldn't believe the difference in the feel of it, I was immediately impressed.   And the G&G CM's are similar.  Very good for the money - light AND durable. 

I started a thread a couple of weeks back asking for advice on cheaper + short + light rifles.  After a lot of research I've settled on one of the Double Eagle M906/M907s as my choice.  A little longer than the Ares Stubby Badger and G&G Firehawk I originally thought I wanted (both really cool guns still!), but the DE guns really seem to be a fantastic long-term option that'll leave my two old guns as backups.

Edited by RostokMcSpoons

Hi @Vitalij 👋

Welcome to the forum, full of advice and like minded players! 🔫🤪👍

Good luck getting into it and before you know it, you will have a Loadout ready to go! 🤞👍

Also the same reason for me fun and a laugh, also have a channel if interested, on Media page here, GAMBLE Airsoft, for beginners? 🤔

💷GAMBLE💷

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.