England vs Scotland at Stirling Airsoft

Guardsman394

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I'm looking at attending England vs Scotland and just have a few questions about their events...

Sleeping arangements; when are you going to be required to sleep in the field mid game and when will their be a designated sleeping area? 

When are you going to have to carry all of your kit on you? And where will it be when you don't?

This would be my first big event so I know next to nothing about how it'll be run and in my opinion the details given on the website aren't too newbie friendly and seem to be aimed at someone that has done that exact event before. What tips and advice would you give regarding the kit and generally playing at the event? 

TIA

Read your post and might show up for this myself!

There is a kit list.  Stick to it and you'll be fine.  It does say that you will be in an unheated barn unless you pay an extra fiver for barrack access.   TBH with the current 'Rona situation I would just rely on the tent.   If it's a decent tent it doesn't matter where it's put up.  

Usually you dump your camping kit at the camping site/area and only carry your game kit in game.  

I do as many of these types of event as I can each year.  Stick to the guidelines and don't be afraid to ask what to do/where to go when you get there.  If you arrive in good time you'll be fine.  

I take a rucksack for the hard respawn with 7 or 8 litres of water, that days food, waterproofs, spare ammo, spare batteries etc.  Saves a walk back to the camping area if you need something.  

Take whatever you think you may need the first few events and discard as you get to know what you really need is a good idea.  

So, England v Scotland is a different kettle of fish to all the rest of Stirling’s events; it’s basically one long skirmish. 

You drop your kit in one of two accommodation areas when you arrive and that’s where it stays. You can go back there to cook or rest if needed, although there’s normally a guy doing hot food in the main safe zone. 

You can take spare ammo and whatever you want out with you. 

Unless it’s changed, the weekend will be chasing after points based objectives (hold building x at x time to score 100 points) and normally runs from 1100-2300 on the Saturday and then 0800-1300 on the Sunday (my timings may be out but you get the idea). 

If you’re not interested in doing the set objectives then it’s probably not for you, it’s a fast paced weekend where the idea is simply to get points and win. When I went lots of people turned up and gave up in the first 6 hours because they got bored of assaulting/holding buildings and thought it would be more Milsim. I really enjoyed it, and Catterick is a mint site. 

My advice;

- Bring pyro and plenty of ammo

- Be prepared to be out continuously to smash the objectives

1 hour ago, Jacob Wright said:

So, England v Scotland is a different kettle of fish to all the rest of Stirling’s events; it’s basically one long skirmish. 

You drop your kit in one of two accommodation areas when you arrive and that’s where it stays. You can go back there to cook or rest if needed, although there’s normally a guy doing hot food in the main safe zone. 

You can take spare ammo and whatever you want out with you. 

Unless it’s changed, the weekend will be chasing after points based objectives (hold building x at x time to score 100 points) and normally runs from 1100-2300 on the Saturday and then 0800-1300 on the Sunday (my timings may be out but you get the idea). 

If you’re not interested in doing the set objectives then it’s probably not for you, it’s a fast paced weekend where the idea is simply to get points and win. When I went lots of people turned up and gave up in the first 6 hours because they got bored of assaulting/holding buildings and thought it would be more Milsim. I really enjoyed it, and Catterick is a mint site. 

My advice;

- Bring pyro and plenty of ammo

- Be prepared to be out continuously to smash the objectives

How big is the playing area at Catterick?

i went to stirlings 'themed' game at catterick last month. i think jacobs post has it covered, though i will add:

from my sole experience i wouldnt expect you to be sleeping in game as its from 11-11 sat with a break overnight with a few hours on sunday ending at 11. cant remember if it was game on at 8 or 9. i slept in one of the aforementioned barns. i didn't see anyone with a tent,i dont see why you would need one, and i didnt see an obvious place where you put one.

everything i needed to play with i had on me: loose bbs, spare batteries, water and snacks. there were 2 respawns in play and which one we used was dependent on the objective we had at the time. 

everything else i had in the car which was easily accessible. thats where i had my lunch and dinner.

bring absolutely everything on the kit list and that does include a pen and paper as we were given our objective location and timings all at once, and quickly.

Edited by GeorgePlaysAirsoft

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.